[WMTech] Sticky User Banning

[WMTech] Sticky User Banning [Paid] 1.0.2

No permission to buy ($9.00)

wmtech

wmtech submitted a new resource:

[WMTech] Sticky Username Banning - Cross Browser Multiple Account Detection of Banned Users

Description:
Install the Sticky User Banning add-on and forget about banned users using another account to log into your XenForo forum.

This add-on detects multiple accounts of banned users with regular cookies and cross browser Flash Cookies.

If a banned user uses another account to log into your forum the other account will be detected and also banned automatically by this add-on....

Read more about this resource...

Why only for banned users?

The purpose of this add-on is just detecting banned users and make sure they'll stay banned. Many forums have no further needs.

We've another add-on (currently being prepared for release) which detects multiple accounts of regular users and present some information about them to the forum staff.

There will also be a combo offer for both add-ons which work together perfectly.

Please make the deleting of the account optional.

If I understand right, if they log out of an account, and login to another, it'll delete it? That's a little heavy handed imo.

Please make the deleting of the account optional.

If I understand right, if they log out of an account, and login to another, it'll delete it? That's a little heavy handed imo.

No, it does NOT delete any account (not even optional). It just bans any additional detected account for the same period and the same reason the first account was banned.

When the initial ban expires, all accounts are unbanned again automatically.

Last edited:
No, it does NOT delete any account (not even optional). It just bans any additional detected account for the same period and the same reason the first account was banned.

When the initial ban expires, all accounts are unbanned again automatically.

Gotcha, thanks for the reply :)

I think this would be better if there was the option to just moderate the user/start a report thread, that way you can keep an eye on them and know they are trying to reregister rather than it all happening silently in the background.

I think this would be better if there was the option to just moderate the user/start a report thread, that way you can keep an eye on them and know they are trying to reregister rather than it all happening silently in the background.

This add-on is very simply and dedicated to stop reregistering of banned users only.

If you like reporting options I recommend our other add-on (Sticky Multiple User Detection) instead. That add-on features several reporting options and since a new account of a banned user is also a multiple account it would be triggered.

I think this addon does not work at all. A free alternative I used to use worked much better.

This add-on works as expected and as advertised. It simply blocks each banned user from re-registering using highly advanced detection techniques unlike you can get by any other add-on here.

However, there are no admin reports or info messages about such actions. This add-on works silently. If you want reporting and information messages, you need to combine this add-on with our "Sticky Multiple Account Info" add-on (there is a combo with reduced price available) which provides extensive and reliable reporting.

Both add-ons are professional and reliable tools for professional web sites. There are no false positives and no double or tripple detections of the same multiple account.

wmtech updated [WMTech] Sticky User Banning with a new update entry:

v1.0.2: Compatibility, minor code enhancements and optimizations

> Version 1.1.0 <

Compatibility, minor code enhancements and optimizations
This upgrade is recommended for all customers.

Changelog:

New: Compatible with XenForo 1.5

New: Minor code enhancements and optimizations

Bugfix: Protection cookie was not deleted sometimes

Upgrade Instructions:

See instructions at
https://wmtech.net/threads/219/
WE RECOMMEND TO READ IT!

We strongly recommend to use the "File...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If a user use VPN and browse with "incognito" can detect it?

VPN is not important at all, because this add-on does not use IP addresses for detection.
It uses 14 different storage and detection methods to find out about multiple user accounts. If just one of them triggers, the multiple account will be detected.

So the answer is: It depends on the browser used. There is certainly no 100% guarantee for detection. However, if the user is not careful just one time when accessing your forums, he will be detected.

Thank you @wmtech, for your reply.

So if a user use always incognito it can't be detected? or some of this methods could make it?
I have an user that keep coming back and I would like to get rid of he. :(

Thank you @wmtech, for your reply.

So if a user use always incognito it can't be detected? or some of this methods could make it?
I have an user that keep coming back and I would like to get rid of he. :(

When we tested the add-on before we released it, it could sometimes even detect from browsers in incognito mode. It could also detect cross-browser visitors in our tests. However, as I said above- there is no guarantee. Very clever and careful people may be able to circumvent the detection.

Top Bottom