[WMTech] Optional Forums

[WMTech] Optional Forums 1.0.6

No permission to download

Yugensoft

Yugensoft submitted a new resource:

Optional Forums - Users can show/hide forums that the admin sets as optional

This add-on allows users to hide or show "optional forums". The forums to be made optional are selected by the admin.

If a user chooses to hide an optional forum, he won't see it in forum lists, or in New Posts.

It effectively allows limited admin delegation of node viewing rights to users themselves.

This can be useful for boards where some of the sub-forums are controversial or NSFW. Users are no longer faced with the choice of: not viewing the board at all, or viewing a board they...

Read more about this resource...

That's awesome but I have suggestion and that is, I think hidden forum list should listed in other page in user control panel.

Example:
account/preferences
If users hide a lot of forums, it will be bad while a look at that into Overlay window or itself page.

I think it should be like this:
account/optional-forums

That's awesome but I have suggestion and that is, I think hidden forum list should listed in other page in user control panel.

Example:
account/preferences
If users hide a lot of forums, it will be bad while a look at that into Overlay window or itself page.

I think it should be like this:
account/optional-forums

Yeah I guess that makes sense. I was assuming it would be used for a small number of forums, but since some people might use it for large lists of forums, it could overflow the preferences modal. So a new section is probably a better design.

@Yugensoft Absolutely I agree with you and at least it would be awesome for large forums. So, now you've implemented? I can't wait for the next release. :P

@Yugensoft Now I tried upgrade and getting the error:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'xf_ofs_forum_opt' already exists

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in OptionalForums/Installer.php at line 12
OptionalForums_Installer::install() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 211
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 237
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/domains/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Of course it's no problem. I can remove current version and install the new version again. I just wanted to report that. :)

PS now I've uninstalled and re-downloaded and reinstalled. As a result; works pretty well. Thanks again.

Suggestion:
When users selected forums, it should show up in User Change Logs in Admin Control Panel.

Bug (Maybe):
Forums not listed as correctly. It's not a big problem but at least it should listed as order as forum list.

Suggestion:
When users selected forums, it should show up in User Change Logs in Admin Control Panel.

Bug (Maybe):
Forums not listed as correctly. It's not a big problem but at least it should listed as order as forum list.
Yeah I have to rework some things in the back end. I spotted another bug in it. Also, I hadn't even considered user change logs.

@Eagle
The user change logs isn't really doable, because there is no user 'field' for each forum they select. It's a many-to-many user-to-forum mapping.

If there are more requests for it, I could implement it as a separate "optional forums logs".

@Yugensoft well thanks but all options has lost/removed after upgrade... :/ And order problem is not solved.
Yes sorry the database tables in the add-on are not firm while in beta. Upgrades will not affect data in them after I remove the beta tag.

Ah, my ordering looked OK because I only have one category, but it doesn't work for multiple categories. This update should fix it:

Last edited:
Top Bottom