[WMTech] Double Post Merge

[WMTech] Double Post Merge 1.3.1

No permission to download
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
What about threads where the OP has to make multiple, very long posts?

Its actually good to have these long posts split up for readability and also when merged they will often break the maximum attachments rules. How is this handled?

This add-on does not merge posts if the merged post would be over the limit.

Any ETA on 2.0 version?

Early 2018 is the best guess.

This add-on does not merge posts if the merged post would be over the limit.

Early 2018 is the best guess.

Is there a limit for post size which the merge can be ignored? I have quite a large post limit size for certain tables but I wouldn't really want all my posts to be merged because I believe in having more page breaks and jump points. If there isn't a message size how hard would it be to enable that? I see the value in this for the medium to small post sizes and especially the very short replies.

Is there a limit for post size which the merge can be ignored? I have quite a large post limit size for certain tables but I wouldn't really want all my posts to be merged because I believe in having more page breaks and jump points. If there isn't a message size how hard would it be to enable that? I see the value in this for the medium to small post sizes and especially the very short replies.

This add-on obeys the maximum character limit for posts you setup in XenForo.
There also is a setting with this add-on named "Maximum Message Length" were you can set the maximum message length to be merged. All longer messages won't be merged.

If you want to individually allow writing consecutive posts without them being merged, you need to exempt the user from post merging or even don't use this add-on.

The [DOUBLEPOST] syntax becomes visible.

This can be solved very quickly temporarily by the board admin. Just create a custom BB-Code for it to show a divider or even nothing instead of it. You just have to remember and delete that custom BB-Code before upgrading to the XF2 version.

Newer versions of our add-on even allows merging without that [DOUBLEPOST] divider tag. If you disabled it, nothing will be left when this add-on is disabled or even deleted from your XenForo site.

What is the price for the no-link version? It wouldn't be a bad idea to include that in the first post...

Last edited:
Just to clarify, does this add-on only merge consecutive posts by the same member? We are looking at modifying a couple of our forum areas that have the potential for abuse (where someone will post rapidly and consecutively with the sole purpose of boosting their post count). This add-on seems like it may be exactly what we are looking for!

We're also looking forward to a XF 2.0 compatible version, as we'll be converting soon.

Last edited:
Not the dev but yes, this merges posts that are consecutive by the same poster within the given time frame.

Just to clarify, does this add-on only merge consecutive posts by the same member? We are looking at modifying a couple of our forum areas that have the potential for abuse (where someone will post rapidly and consecutively with the sole purpose of boosting their post count). This add-on seems like it may be exactly what we are looking for!

We're also looking forward to a XF 2.0 compatible version, as we'll be converting soon.

This add-on merges consecutive posts by the same member only. There will also be a XF2 version.

@wmtech If people switch to another add-on, they will stick with that one instead of going back and forth. It's not the most pleasant thing in the world to run manual quieries on a huge database and keep fingers crossed that nothing will break or get corrupted. I'm only willing to go through that hell once. We still haven't upgraded to 2.0 even though we bought the license over a year ago, because we didn't want ugly raw code in a huge number of legacy posts.

Top Bottom