[WMTech] Content Downloader

[WMTech] Content Downloader [Paid] 2.1.0

No permission to buy ($29.00)

Yugensoft

Yugensoft submitted a new resource:

Content Downloader - Download entire thread or user content as standalone file

Download entire forum content sets into a standalone HTML file.

Can download:
  • Thread's entire content
  • Member's entire content
Useful premium feature for user upgrades.
  • Some users like to binge-read large high-value threads
  • Some users also like to read through all the content from popular posters
  • It's easier to do this with a single file, rather than fetching pages through the forum one-at-a-time
  • Offers distraction-free reading...

Read more about this resource...

Does this work for PM? What formats does the addon currently support? Does it download attachment as well like the right click save browser's functionality?

download as pdf?

This should be added as a suggestion into the product thread at our site.
Currently we provide a html file only for download. PDF generation would depend on a third party pdf converter.

Does this work for PM? What formats does the addon currently support? Does it download attachment as well like the right click save browser's functionality?

Currently it works for threads and members only. We can extend it to conversations if it would be suggested and asked for by customers.
Download will be an html file with the downloaded content.

You can try it at our site https://wmtech.net/

Currently we provide a html file only for download. PDF generation would depend on a third party pdf converter.

I dont wish to register on your site just to make a suggestion thats why i am posting it here :)
once this addon has pdf support i will purchase it :)

Currently it works for threads and members only. We can extend it to conversations if it would be suggested and asked for by customers.
Download will be an html file with the downloaded content.

You can try it at our site https://wmtech.net/

Thanks, I think I will pass this time.

wmtech updated [WMTech] Content Downloader with a new update entry:

v2.1.0: Several New Features

New Feature Release

This upgrade is recommended for all customers.

Changelog:

NEW: Conversations are now downloadable also
NEW: PDF option for downloaded file
NEW: Protection against the download of very large content files

What's New?
  • Conversations are now downloadable also
  • PDF option for downloaded file
  • Protection against the download of very large content files
  • New permission to allow download of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

1. When a user downloads all his messages in a file, are the messages deleted by administrators with soft deletion also downloaded?
2. Will downloading an HTML file allow copying and pasting of text from the downloaded file? I mean, is it live text?
3. What will happen if a user who has 10000 posts downloads. Will the site meet the challenge?

1. When a user downloads all his messages in a file, are the messages deleted by administrators with soft deletion also downloaded?
2. Will downloading an HTML file allow copying and pasting of text from the downloaded file? I mean, is it live text?
3. What will happen if a user who has 10000 posts downloads. Will the site meet the challenge?

1.) Deleted Messages are not included if hidden. Only content which is visible for the downloading user is included.

2) Yes, content can be copied from downloaded HTML and PDF files as well.

3) Depends on your server. There is a setting for the maximum amount of content to be able to be downloaded at once. It is "1000" by default, but you can change that setting according to your servers capability.

3) Depends on your server. There is a setting for the maximum amount of content to be able to be downloaded at once. It is "1000" by default, but you can change that setting according to your servers capability.
Hi, thanks for the reply.
The question is actually Assuming my server will only allow a user to download 1000 messages at once, how will he be able to download all his messages? Is there an option to set a download of a thousand messages, and then a thousand other messages? Does the add-on know how to differentiate and sort the set of messages intended for download?

Is there an option to set a download of a thousand messages, and then a thousand other messages?

Unfortunately there is no such option for cummulative downloads. The limit is the limit. But you can set the limit to "10000" and check if your server can make it.

I will add the request for cummulative downloads if the count is higher than the set limit to our suggestions for the add-on.

Unfortunately there is no such option for cummulative downloads. The limit is the limit. But you can set the limit to "10000" and check if your server can make it.

I will add the request for cummulative downloads if the count is higher than the set limit to our suggestions for the add-on.
Since my hosting is shared, I guess I can't.
I would love to hear and purchase the plugin, when it is possible.
Thanks for the response.

Top Bottom