Wistia BBcode MediaSite [Deleted]

EQnoble

EQnoble submitted a new resource:

Wistia BBcode MediaSite - Installs a Media Site Definition for Wistia.com

If you would like to embed videos from wistia.com all you need do is simply install this addon.
  • (this media site definition will also get added to the MediaSites Package upon the next update)

Usage is very simple....a user simply pastes a link to a video @ wistia.com and it will embed the video automatically, like this....

Read more about this resource...

Hi I just installed this addon but my video still does not embed- it just gives a link instead.

Are there any updated settings required for Wistia?

Attachments

• embed.webp
    embed.webp
    87.3 KB · Views: 8
I haven't touched this for a long time as I have been absorbed in life. I did just find that they made basic usage much easier since I last had a look but does not include the popup style player which requires using the api to do it right (and with more options) in a way that embeds automatically and I am not in the position to do that presently based on budget/time constraints.

I can provide a simple update to this which will create the embedded player (people who already uses this after installing it will need to run the 'replace in posts' addon to change the existing wistia bbcodes on their boards) if you are interested in that?

@keithmissfitnesslife
Since you just installed it and don't really have any other embeds from there posted up you could just do the following:

goto: yoursite/admin.php?bb-code-media-sites/wistia/edit

change the following fields to the values that follow each

Match URLs:
Code:
#[^\.]+\.wistia\.com/[^/]+/(?P<id>[a-z0-9]+)#siu

Embed HTML:
Code:
<iframe src="//fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/{$id}" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="wistia_embed" name="wistia_embed" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen width="640" height="360"></iframe>

Embed HTML Callback:
Delete both fields

Save

At this point if you repost your wistia link it should embed. Change width="640" height="360" to suit your needs.

I will make this this change and post the regex needed for the post replacements sometime in the near future.

For now this may be one of those non callback needing ones so @JoshyPHP might consider adding this one to his pack if you ask him in the discussion for this resource and there is enough support for it -> http://xenforo.com/community/resources/s9e-media-bbcodes-pack.2476/ He obviously can afford to support his work at this point and does a good job of keeping right on top of it so in the long term if you don't need something with more options or custom functionality requiring a callback your best bet would be to make some noise in that thread and see if you can get Joshy to add it added to the pack.

I'm a newbie and can't see to get this working. I must be overlooking something.

Please can you help me.

I've installed the add-on, added the Wistia iframe code w/ the ID

<iframe src="//fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/{$id}" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="wistia_embed" name="wistia_embed" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen width="720" height="540"></iframe>

And most a post as per the instructions.

And only a LINK appears.

The player does not appear.

Any ideas?

I'm a newbie and can't see to get this working. I must be overlooking something.

Please can you help me.

I've installed the add-on, added the Wistia iframe code w/ the ID

<iframe src="//fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/{$id}" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="wistia_embed" name="wistia_embed" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen width="720" height="540"></iframe>

And most a post as per the instructions.

And only a LINK appears.

The player does not appear.

Any ideas?

Hi there newbie and from one noob to another welcome to the community.

I would guess you didn't remove the reference to the callback but that is irrelivant now.

Ignore the previous posts, and just update the addon with the new version which should fix everything.

If you want to go one step further and do a proper cleanup you can remove the callback file located @ library/MediaSites/Wistia.php since it is no longer needed.

If you posted wistia videos before this update you will need to update the content between the media=wistia tags since it only includes the video id now rather than the full url, if you need help with that feel free to message me.

Best of luck with your site.

Hi EQnoble!

I just installed the update and it worked well. Videos are fully responsive now... However it seems that for full width forum layout videos do appear way too huge.

See screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/npuYcTUpOCx

Is there an option to set the width of the video or at least add a div to it so I can set the width?

Thanks,
Arvin

I seem to have figured it out.. I added a div to wrap the video :)

For those who are looking for the same fix just edit the code in here:

goto: yoursite/admin.php?bb-code-media-sites/wistia/edit
--> Edit the Emded HTML code

Just add a div to set any max-width you want, something like this:

<div id="wistia_wrapper" style="max-width:640px;">
<iframe src="//fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/{$id}?videoFoam=true" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="wistia_embed" name="wistia_embed" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen width="640" height="360"></iframe><script src="//fast.wistia.net/assets/external/iframe-api-v1.js"></script>
</div>

Thanks EQnoble for the great addon!

Top Bottom