• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WinCache Support

Shamil

Hi guys,
This is for the people who are using WinCache for PHP on the Windows Platform. For this to work, you need to be using at least WinCache 1.1. I have, however, tested and built against WinCache 1.2 dev.

If you plan to install WinCache 1.1, please ensure you meet its prerequisites, the most important that PHP must be running under FastCGI.

This build is currently untested on Apache for Windows, however, it does work on IIS 6.0 +. I expect it to be somewhat successful with Apache for Windows.

The files I am including will replace 1 file in the XenForo Zend Framework folder, and will add 1 file.

Files
/
/ Library​
/ Zend​
/ Cache​
/ Backend​
WinCache.php
Cache.php
To activate the caching mechanis, please add the following to your config.php folder, found in /library/:
PHP:
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions'] = array(
 'caching' => true,
 'automatic_serialization' => true,
 'lifetime' => 10800,
 'cache_id_prefix' => 'XenForo'
);
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'WinCache';

Attachments

Thanks for this :)

Is it possible to integrate Wincache support in to the next version of XenForo, as it is by far the best Windows caching system at the moment (IMO ;))

Do you know if this is compatible with 1.1? I really hope that there is native WinCache support soon :)

Do you know if this is compatible with 1.1? I really hope that there is native WinCache support soon :)

As far as I know, this works with 1.1, and all of the future versions, assuming the Zend framework doesn't change drastically.

Top Bottom