Will your members like the new look and feel?

steven s

I remember having a poll when my forum was using phpBB v2.
People felt no need to convert to vB3.
I bet my members won't like XF at first.
I haven't broken the news yet.
I plan on letting them see it through the betas but the forums will be closed to posting until I'm ready to pull the switch.

Change is hard to take for some people. Me included.

I will be keeping some of my v3 addons available until I find different solutions.

If they don't, then I'm sure they won't register :) I'm starting a new forum with the xenForo license. I might start a forum about the advantages/disadvantages of barefooting, now that's unique.

My site will cater to XenForo license holders, so that won't be an issue.

Sometime within the next week or two I'll be purchasing a license for my wife. The people at her work fall in to one of two categories: those who never heard of a forum, and those who have but find forums too complicated and therefore do not use them. XenForo offers a UI that will be familiar to most, and easy to learn for all; exactly what we are looking for. :)

Well that's one way to find out I guess lol!
My options are:

Accept outdated 3.8 for the next x months or years, and let the community die because i lost interest in using vBulletin - and the product won't improve and only become more outdated. I mean .. version 4 is obviously not an option.

Don't let it die and shut it down by 31st December 2010.

Or convert to a modern forum solution; pending it's availability.

Since I like the hobby of building communities, and I find it a shame to let a site die. I put my best foot forward and took 'shut it down' off the table for now, making an effort with xenforo, now that it's available (soon). And leave it to my members to help make it work.

If the site then dies, then it's not because I didn't try.

I honestly lost quite a bit of interest, and the last few months (actually 6+ months, but that was just me talking to myself), i have been discussing heavily to shut all my sites down and call being involved with communities quit. But it's quite hard to let go, or even accepting certain bids for the sites.

XenForo is a way to try and see if we can breathe fresh air into a community, and I can't predict if members like it. But after 3 or 6 months of running xenforo, im not reverting back to a 3.8 .sql dump to please them.

If they don't, then I'm sure they won't register :) I'm starting a new forum with the xenForo license. I might start a forum about the advantages/disadvantages of barefooting, now that's unique.

there will be hundreds barefooter-forum niche-websites after October 5 ;)

I won't be converting for a very long time at least not my big board.

My users aren't tech savy so I 3.8 is where I'll stay for another few years.

My new sites will be using xenforo exclusively.

Can't believe you are gonna skip on 24-hour sale.

Never said that he was going to skip the offer, even if someone says "I'll purchase one sometime within the next 50 years" they could still buy one on sale day. I'm bored as you can probably tell from my post. Not intending to pick holes :)

I won't be converting for a very long time at least not my big board.

My users aren't tech savy so I 3.8 is where I'll stay for another few years.

My new sites will be using xenforo exclusively.

not tech savy?
Sounds like a perfect reason to move away from vb to xf
you take away the clutter, and the phrases can still be the same ..

Never said that he was going to skip the offer, even if someone says "I'll purchase one sometime within the next 50 years" they could still buy one on sale day. I'm bored as you can probably tell from my post. Not intending to pick holes :)
Ok. He might skip. Good enough?:oops:

Top Bottom