Will XenForo have Gallery?

onyxchase

Hi Everyone,

Long time member here. :) I've been getting numerous requests for a Gallery to be added to my forum, will this be a feature that is planned for future a XenForo release? I know that there are some commercial options available but I don't like to use too many addons as it makes upgrading a pain...

If not, does anyone know of a really good commercial/add-on gallery that is compatible with XenForo?

Thank you in advance for your time and help. I appreciate it!

The good software does not mean that it would include everything. It does mean it would perfectly support for 3rd party softwares and XF does it.

Is there any other script that is more well-known? The reason that I am a little wary of these add-ons, is that they may be discontinued in a year from now and then I am stuck with a database of pictures that I can't import into another system. My main concern is upgrading later on and having a solid gallery. The features are not my most important concern. I'm thinking in the lines of PhotoPost but for XenForo instead of vBulletin.

The current Photopost release works with Xenforo (both user integration and style integration).
But it is still a very old software thats not on par with Xenforo.

I cant stand using Photopost with Xenforo as its like using ancient software with a lexus. Just doesnt mix, but I still use the Classifieds photopost but holding off on the gallery until there is something out there that works great.

Is there any other script that is more well-known? The reason that I am a little wary of these add-ons, is that they may be discontinued in a year from now and then I am stuck with a database of pictures that I can't import into another system. My main concern is upgrading later on and having a solid gallery. The features are not my most important concern. I'm thinking in the lines of PhotoPost but for XenForo instead of vBulletin.
Your best bet is to research the developers yourself before making a decision (Asking questions are fine, but people will think differently of different developers).

I would avoid Photopost, as the developer thinks nothing is his fault and will blame everyone else for any conflicts.

Hi Everyone,

Long time member here. :) I've been getting numerous requests for a Gallery to be added to my forum, will this be a feature that is planned for future a XenForo release? I know that there are some commercial options available but I don't like to use too many addons as it makes upgrading a pain...

If not, does anyone know of a really good commercial/add-on gallery that is compatible with XenForo?

Thank you in advance for your time and help. I appreciate it!

There has been no announcement, that a gallery will be considered for the next release as far as I know. But I am sure that over the next 3 years there will be something similar to what other forum software are offering in terms of user albums. Everything else is too time consuming to code parallel to other requested features. Demand will not be high enough for a core feature.

But a useralbum is by far not the same as a well thought out photo gallery with a commenting, rating, voting feature etc. I do not think that this will be offered from any forum software out there over the next 3 years.

What you will see everywhere in 3 years will be add-ons (for extra cash), which will work more or less with the forum software.

I know photopost and from the styling it is for sure not very modern. But it will be nevertheless hard to beat it in terms of features, especially for photography communities. This is why I want to push the simple gallery project, so that it is getting asap the most wanted features my users are asking for and are used to.

Top Bottom