1) Ran initial rsync with board open
2) Half an hour later, I closed the board and dumped the db
3) Import the db on the new box, re-opened the board, and start rebuilding elasticsearch cache. Will I'm in there, I figure I might as well rebuild the other caches just in case, so clicked rebuild attachment thumbnails.
4) Flip the DNS, re-open the board.
5) An hour later, realized I forgot to do a final rsync for anything uploaded between my initial rsync and when I closed the board.
6) Re-run rsync from old server to new server. A bunch of attachment files come across--definitely more than would have been uploaded by my users in this period of time.
So I'm thinking when I ran the 'rebuild attachment thumbnails' it cleaned out a bunch of old files that I then accidentally rsync'ed across again.
Will these files get cleaned up somehow? Or are they now orphans in my filesystem since any reference to them would have been deleted in the initial attachment cache rebuild...