Will "like" become a favorable way of replying?

Alternadiv

Do you think it will become appropriate to "like" someone's post as apposed to replying to it with a brief "I know" or "thank you" or something similar? As we start to get used to XF and see it across many more communities, do you think the "like" button will replace most generic and short posts? Even for support threads on this forum. Do you think it is polite to "like" the person that gave you your answer or should you still reply with a thank you?

Old example:

I'm looking to get a new external hard drive and have been wondering where the fastest and cheapest place to order from would be. Any suggestions?
Just order one from Amazon. They have the cheapest prices and it'll only take about three days to arrive.
Thanks!

New example:

I'm looking to get a new external hard drive and have been wondering where the fastest and cheapest place to order from would be. Any suggestions?
Just order one from Amazon. They have the cheapest prices and it'll only take about three days to arrive.
[like button]

A discussion a while ago (I'll see if I can find the thread) suggested that Like could be used in place of thanks or other 1 word responses such as lol, this, etc.

Of course it can also just be used if you like a post.

I've seen it used for all of those instances and I myself have used it like that.

It's a very useful feature.

A discussion a while ago (I'll see if I can find the thread) suggested that Like could be used in place of thanks or other 1 word responses such as lol, this, etc.

Of course it can also just be used if you like a post.

I've seen it used for all of those instances and I myself have used it like that.

It's a very useful feature.

This! :p

It is indeed a wonderful feature :)

Yes, a while ago, we installed the VB Thank You mod on our site to deal specifically with people posting "Thanks", "OK" posts. It worked out fine but it takes a while for our members to learn to use it. Some people would even click Thanks and then post "Thanks".

With Facebook Like button everywhere these days, Like feature is just as natural as saying Thank you for people so we definitely welcome the feature.

I felt the thank you system although a good idea for a mod it just didn't come across well to me. This Like system is integrated flawlessly I feel, and the notifications are a delight. As for the topic at hand I myself Like something if I'm pleased with the post but don't have enough justification for a response :). Sometimes I'll even respond with some notes and a Like as well.

It should already been the favorable way ot saying thanks without actually posting it. I guess people need to get accustom to it.

Top Bottom