Wildfire Season

Amaury

We're at 11 or 12 now? I dunno.

We've got another wildfire in our state, this one being near my aunt's ranch, though she's fine. On top of that, it's only mid-July, and we've already got this many wildfires, some still burning, though some are also in Wenatchee and not near Ellensburg.

That's three summers in a row. What the hell!?

Edit: Photos of the latest here if anyone's curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Taylor Bridge fire burned up 5700 acres of my wind farm. I'm mostly seeing smoke from Wenatchee and around Manastash atm.

The wildfire near Wenatchee is way out of control and they've apparently completely evacuated Rooster and Pateros, towns past the city of Wenatchee.

Edit: About six homes lost and it's reached US Highway 97. Right now they estimated it's burned over 47,000 acres.

Last edited:
Yep, was watching it burn from my plant last night and saw lightning repeatedly strike into the zone of the fire.
I'm in Upper county so not issues here other than smoky haze :)

A couple of photos I took of the Snag Canyon wildfire:

Summer Fire 2014 1.webp Summer Fire 2014 2.webp

If anyone's interested, here's a video of the Carlton Complex fire near Wenatchee that was started by lightning on July 14 -- it was taken on July 22 during the daytime:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As of yesterday, August 20, containment is at 98% and acres burned is at 256,108. It's also the largest wildfire in Washington history, and it did a lot of damage to a small town, almost completely wiping it out.

The estimated containment date is August 29.

Last edited:
Top Bottom