1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Width Size? Fluid and fixed?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by mrchasez, Nov 14, 2013.

1. mrchasez

mrchasez Active Member

Hello everyone,

I have a question. Up until today my website was fluid. Meaning the site was as large (width wise) as
    how ever big your screen was. It looked ok, but fixed looks a lot better. I want the forums width to be
    1024x. This is good for 90% of the community, however there are those using 960x and on phones and
    the sidebar gets slightly cut off. Is there anyway to have the width be 1024x for those with that resolution
    and above, and anyone below it get a Fluid resolution or at least 960x so the site isn't cut off?

Thank you!

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

When you define the width of your site, use max-width: 1024px, and as long as you don't have responsive code that modifies it, it will be fluid < 1024px and fixed when > 1024 px.

3. mrchasez

mrchasez Active Member

So like this?
    "max-width: 1024px
    margin: 0 auto;"

Thanks for the quick response!

4. Jeremy

Yes. Do you have a responsive template?

5. mrchasez

mrchasez Active Member

It was responsive, but the developer gave a fixed version as a child template. Which im now using.

Thanks.

6. mrchasez

mrchasez Active Member

Edit: Whooops! Forgot a ";"

7. Jeremy

Where did you add the code?

8. mrchasez

mrchasez Active Member

Was my fault! I left out a --> ;
    It seems to be working now. I haven't tested on a smaller screen yet

9. Jeremy

Resize your browser. ;) Easiest way to test "responsive" element types.