Wicked Stangs Mustang Club

wickedstangs

www.wickedstangs.com

We are a nationwide mustang club, I started it up with a couple of military buddies that liked mustangs. It has now grown to a full time job with lots of events happening weekly.

I have no coding experience so nothing on my forum I can clam fame for:).

I love to give credit to everyone who has helped.. And especially all the contributors of those Awesome Add-On's and Template Modifications. If I missed you sorry..
Jaxel, brogan, Jake bunce, Flexil Dark, trilogy33

But, I like to say ever since I moved to Xenforo it feels like my Registration Statistics has grown too..

DateRegistrations

May.2011 43
Apr.2011 54
Feb.2011 50
Feb.2011 22
Jan.2011 28
Dec.2010 12
Nov.2010 22

After a quick look I'd say the inability for guests to read posts needs to imho go. I see two problems with that.
#1 search engines aren't indexing your content. This is a huge, ginormous, downside because ultimately search engines is how people find your site. Unless you allow search engines to view the posts and you only lock guests out, but that would be especially lame because
#2 it pisses people off. It's not "oh, I want to read this, let me register really quick", it's "what? I need to register to read this, FU! I am outta here!"

I agree. Only once have I registered on a forum which did not allow me to read threads beyond a certain limit. That too after a long long time. That forum, though, had a limit on the number of threads you can view as a guest.

Frankly the only forums that can afford to do this are the warez, hacking and adult forums.

After a quick look I'd say the inability for guests to read posts needs to imho go. I see two problems with that.
#1 search engines aren't indexing your content. This is a huge, ginormous, downside because ultimately search engines is how people find your site. Unless you allow search engines to view the posts and you only lock guests out, but that would be especially lame because
#2 it pisses people off. It's not "oh, I want to read this, let me register really quick", it's "what? I need to register to read this, FU! I am outta here!"

Totally agree. No offence, but why some forum admins think this is a good way to get people to sign up I don't know. There are a few forums I know that do this and no matter how much I tell them they're daft they don't listen.

Thought I share this.. Down on Registrations after opening my site up. I think I am going to leave it open for a couple more months.. See how it goes..

DateRegistrations

Jun.2011 13
May.2011 48
Apr.2011 54
Feb.2011 50

My boyfriend made me open up your site. Like we literally had a mini playful fight about it cause he saw me browsing through here and was like, "You didn't open it!? Are you crazy!?" So for extra fun I closed off of XenForo altogether and then he was huffing and puffing like a 5 year old :ROFLMAO:

So here he is :confused::

Hey man, love the site. It's funny you mention the whole joining the club with a few military buddies that was the exact same thing for me. I was stationed in Georgia and joined a club after learning about it while deployed. Good times back then. We did a lot of Car Shows and hit up some Dinner Spots for meeting locations. Housing BBQ's and whatnot. Just asking what you guys do really. Here's a pic of my Stang, old pic and I changed out wheels now to staggered more aggressive black.

25240_111630692205219_100000748677295_120832_3998951_n.jpg

Site is cool, better than the pos one we used for ours. Not a fan of the blue highlighted sticky threads though. You mention your nationwide, any chapters in NY/NJ area?

My favorite part of being in the club wasn't car shows and events, but helping out someone in need or doing something dramatic for people. Here's a vid of us, during a "Welcome Home Cpl. Mullis" run for a Marine that lost both legs due to an IED. Bikes from Patriot Guard and Freedom Riders. Mustangs from Flag City Mustang Club (5min mark). My ride is at the 5:10 mark in the left lane (right lane on video). Notice the non-mustang ninjas at 5:20.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You guys do thing like this. Awesome site man, glad to see things like this.

@xlsabel38 very nice stang you have there. I like the lightning effect, and Yes, we do lots of events like the above... thanks for the feedback on site..

Top Bottom