1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why won't debug mode enable

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Robust, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

Trying to get an XenForo localhost server running on the Mac I bought yesterday, completely new to them BTW. Here's the issue. Debug mode is enabled, but I don't see the Development tab in the Admin control panel. This worked on my other installations. Using MAMP for web server if that's of relevance.

Screenshots:

Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 14.06.07.png Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 14.06.33.png

2. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

Make sure that config.php file is the file used by XenForo. Try changing the database and reload the page to see if you get an error.

3. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

Yup
    Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 14.14.27.png

SneakyDave likes this.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try removing the single quotes.

Code:
    $config['debug'] = true;

Chris D likes this.
  5. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

@Brogan Tried, but it's still showing unexpected database error from when I tried changing the database name, but it's changed back to normal now. Could MAMP have a delay in processing this?

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Not unless there is some sort of caching involved.

Changes to config.php should apply instantly.

7. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

Not sure what was wrong. Using AMPPS web server thing now and, it looks ugly, but works perfectly. Thanks @Brogan and @SneakyDave

SneakyDave likes this.