Why we cant click on PREFIX on other places?

mauzao9

(I posted in test forum first by mistake) It's just simple as that.

I wonder why we can click on Prefix in the Topic List, but in The Topic, What's New, etc... We can't.

Why is that? It looks interesting click in Prefix after read the topic for see other topics with same content. ;)

Another question, there isn't GLOBAL Prefixes? It looks they are forum based like show in Filter Search.
:whistle:

I agree with you it should be, pretend someone comes from a search engin and wants to see more threads with the same topic?!

I agree with you it should be, pretend someone comes from a search engin and wants to see more threads with the same topic?!
That's what I mean, people see that topic with Videos, in an Humor forum, then they click the VIDEOs and they will find more topics of humor with videos!

I need to up to ask.

If there is Global Prefixes, why if we click in one to search it's going to search the Prefixes only in the X Forum?

That's what I mean, people see that topic with Videos, in an Humor forum, then they click the VIDEOs and they will find more topics of humor with videos!

Were vB prefixes clickable ?
Seems like they were not.

I think alot of people wanted to use Prefixes as a LITE version of tagging.
There is alot of demand for it.

Kier said Prefixes aren't tags.

Ideally it wouldn't take too much tweaking, and xenforo would make Tags clickable anywhere.

I think there are some clear SEO benefits.

It is especially useful for those people getting to your site via Google. You want them to check out your site past the first hit. Prefixes *COULD* do that, but current do not.

Maybe someone could make an addon ?

Clicking on a search result just opens the thread; the prefix is part of the thread title URL.

http://xenforo.com/community/search/1331321/?q=Facebook&t=post&o=date&c[prefix]=21

Clicking on a prefix in a node returns all instances of it in that forum because it's a node based filter, as you can see from the URL.

http://xenforo.com/community/forums/resolved-bug-reports.13/?prefix_id=4
Ah I see, then if we search the forum with that X Prefix, it will shows topics with same prefix of diferent foruns.
(I think)

Were vB prefixes clickable ?
Seems like they were not.

I think alot of people wanted to use Prefixes as a LITE version of tagging.
There is alot of demand for it.

Kier said Prefixes aren't tags.

Ideally it wouldn't take too much tweaking, and xenforo would make Tags clickable anywhere.

I think there are some clear SEO benefits.

It is especially useful for those people getting to your site via Google. You want them to check out your site past the first hit. Prefixes *COULD* do that, but current do not.

Maybe someone could make an addon ?
Why is Xenforo always comparing with vB? :confused:

But Prefixes are like Tagging, but something really simple. Tags always help people to find better what they want. :)
In our site is high ranked in Google, then 78% of visitors are from Google Searchs and that number grows every day, when they enter one topic, they usualy leave if they don't find what they want.

We need something, like for people who visit the forum from an search, explore more the site, untill now it's too hard convert visitors that way, I'm thinking on hide the replies of an topic for guests and add an banner or something, for visitors see. :)
But I don't know if that would cause problems about SEO.

Prefixes are not tags though, so don't expect the same functionality.
I know they aren't. But in some way they work like that, for define the type of content of the topic, some people use in titles [VIDEO], [NOTICE], prefixes replace that.
But I have another ideia for use the prefixes that will be awesome for our users find the best content. :)

Top Bottom