XF 2.2 Why use Google fonts?

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
Currently, I don't have Google fonts enabled on any of the forums I manage. My thinking is there are already plenty of fonts without adding Google's and potentially slowing down page loads.

I'm curious: For those who use Google fonts, why do you use them? What advantages do you think they add to your forum?

Personal taste and ease of use.

font1.webp

font2.webp

The first one is a google font, the second one uses traditional system fonts. While they both look good I personally just prefer the looks of the first slightly more personally.

I'm curious: For those who use Google fonts, why do you use them? What advantages do you think they add to your forum?
It's personal taste, for exactly the reasons you might customise the default style. Add some character or personality.

I no longer use them, I switched while upgrading thought I'd see if users noticed and said anything. They didn't. So I didn't bother going back to Google fonts.
Can this kind of fonts be 'installed in the server'?
The Google site allows you to download the fonts, so you can upload to your server.

Last edited:
It's personal taset, for exactly the reasons you might customise the default style. Add some character or personality.

I no longer use them, I switched while upgrading thought I'd see if users noticed and said anything. They didn't. So I didn't bother going back to Google fonts.

The Google site allows you to download the fonts, so you can upload to your server.
And by uploading to my server, it will be much quicker to load that's comparative to native fonts?

Maybe I got some wrong concepts here regarding the fonts.. but it's just something in my mind.

Top Bottom