Why not merge duplicate suggestions with original thread?

Looks like the forum has been renamed to Closed Suggestions to prevent any potential confusion in the future, Rob. :)

Reactions: Rob
That helps a little however I still believe its helpful for the devs and add on authors to have all info in one thread.

It would be called bumping then. I've already got my posts (and not only mine) deleted because of that.
That's because it is against the rules and clearly stated as such.

If we allow the authors of suggestions to bump them then it would just turn into a competition with every thread being continually bumped because everyone wants their suggestion implemented.

I have just deleted some posts from another suggestion thread because the thread author bumped it purely to get it back to the top of the pile, which is exactly what you did to yours and why the posts were deleted.

The rules exist for a reason and apply equally to everyone.

I posted to the thread just to bring developers attention to it because they seemed to forget about it. That thread hasn't been updated for 2 years and people added their own opinions why should it be implemented. For me it's okay to update threads that were not active within a long time and stating new advantages of implementing it (and sometimes against it). But I am not the one who decides.

I posted to the thread just to bring developers attention to it because they seemed to forget about it.
They don't need to be made aware of it - they have read every single suggestion ever posted.

Just because they don't respond doesn't mean they have forgotten about it.
Rarely do Kier or Mike post on suggestion threads.

First post likes is how they gauge wider interest from the community.

"The benefit of having multiple threads is the titles are usually different and as people use different terms when searching then they are more likely to get a hit if there is more than one thread." - Brogan

^^^ Real talk because some suggestions have sort've the same title, but totally different suggestions in the first post.

Top Bottom