XF 2.2 Why is it that some RSS feed are short while others contains the whole article with pictures?

NandorHUN

Hi Guys!

I want to import RSS Feed articles to a forum article style thread... my issue is that some RSS is just a couple of worlds while others contains the whole article with pictures and everything. What do you think about this issue?

Thanks for the help.

It's not an issue per se. Thats just how the site you are pulling the RSS from has it. Most are small snippets to entice the reader to go to their site to continue reading.

It's not an issue per se. Thats just how the site you are pulling the RSS from has it. Most are small snippets to entice the reader to go to their site to continue reading.
:/

A shame.
So if I want to have proper article from an RSS I can only use so much site... If I get this right...

What does it do?
Converts rss feeds to full text. You link the feed there and it gives you a URL to use instead. There's several such converters.

Using rss robots to populate your new site isn't a good idea though, Google knows duplicate content when it sees it it won't help your SEO at all.

Converts rss feeds to full text. You link the feed there and it gives you a URL to use instead. There's several such converters.

Using rss robots to populate your new site isn't a good idea though, Google knows duplicate content when it sees it it won't help your SEO at all.
The site doesn't lead to anywhere.

I know, the main part of the site would be a forum. I want to add a news page just as an extra and for extra content, since for most news site people cant comment on them, but if I import it as an article forum it is also possible.

Though I hope google wont hate the site just because of it.

You have to judge if RSS works for you. I use it.

But RSS should only be supplemental to your original content. The above posts are tying to encourage you to focus on your content. That is your meat and potatoes. The RSS is only a pea in a pod.

Issue I have with it is if you have 1000+ RSS feeds on the site, that is 1000+ links directing people away from your site.

I’d use the sparingly and only got the most breaking news. It would be better to write your own threads/posts on news with your own spin on things.

Issue I have with it is if you have 1000+ RSS feeds on the site, that is 1000+ links directing people away from your site.

I’d use the sparingly and only got the most breaking news. It would be better to write your own threads/posts on news with your own spin on things.
Sure, but I wont be able to write my own articles. I dont have the time.
Currently (the forum is still closed) I created 300~ threads. And a lot of forums and categories.

I only want to add a feature that people can comment on news about the topic of the forum.

So yeah, it would be great if I could create my own news, but I dont have the time, and dont have the resource...

Top Bottom