XF 2.2 Why is gmail blocked

Adurien

Hello,
For some time now I have had the problem that my users cannot register with gmail.
They do not receive an activation. Also the users who were already registered with gmail and ask for their password do not receive an email anymore.

As I'm not really familiar with everything, I don't know what to do.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Your IP address has low sending reputation and so Google has automatically blocked it. This is quite common. Other mail providers will bounce messages back due to low sending reputation, but Google will silently discard them.

What are you using for sending mail? Are you on shared hosting?

Do you have SPF and DKIM set up for your mail domain?

You may need to look at using a 3rd party Email Service Provider (AWS SES, Sendgrid, Postmark, SparkPost, Mailgun, etc)

Your IP address has low sending reputation and so Google has automatically blocked it
In other words gmail is not blocked, it is gmail that is doing the blocking of you forum’s emails. As mentioned the best solution if your host cannot help is to get an SMTP provider. I use Postmark which seems to work very well.

Thank you for your answers.

I am using an email that runs on my domain. Yes, I use a shared hosting provider.

Everything also runs via cloudflare, I tried to set DKIM there, but without success. I must have done something wrong.

3rd party email sounds interesting. But it would be nice, if it worked with my actual email domain. :D

Top Bottom