Why Do You Post Free Resources?

How many free add-on developers have been approached with 'can you make it do this too, I'll pay'? You'd be surprised how much earning potential can come from releasing a free mod. I speak mainly from observation at this very website.
lol I do this a lot. There are a lot of addons I would like customized for my own site with certain features like extra permissions but unfortunately, a lot of developer aren't willing, so we end up having to look for someone else. On vBulletin it's easier to find someone that will help for a price, but on here it's not as easy because everyone seems to be busy with other people's projects. Not enough coders to go around.

It finding the FAQ was important ...

View attachment 29652
When I'm in a random thread like this one, that link is not on the page. That thread is so important it should be a menu or footer link. It should also be in the Help menu but it's not. The best thing I liked about Brogan besides his swift responses was that he was everywhere. Instead of having to create a new thread and ask for help, all I had to do was click on his signature and scan the thread and I would find my answer. Since he's gone I can just look at my own sig for help. That link is so useful it will help other peeps out too since they won't have to search for it if they see it in my sig when they are viewing a thread.

Did you miss my FAQ link in the NavBar ?
:)
tumblr_lqy88mkdUI1qf5h00.gif

This is the hardest skin I've ever worked on. I've put more effort into it than any of my skins and learned new things while working on it. I had originally uploaded this skin before but I took it down because it was up for a couple days and no one downloaded it :( Normally I don't give a sh!t about how many times my resources are downloaded, but when you work hard on something and get no feedback it sucks. I created more gradients and played with the style properties some more since then and thanks to the TMS system I was able to add some things that I thought were convenient for noobs. I worked on it so much that I wanted to charge $5 for it but then I reminded myself why I make free resources in the first place and changed my mind.

Top Bottom