1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do insert Image & Link dialog take so long time to display?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Dinh Thanh, May 7, 2012.

1. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

When I click on Insert/Edit Link or Image, it's take time (or long time) to display the dialog?
    Why does it take so long time to display? Is it need to download from the server? Can we make it display more faster?

2. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

Dinh Thanh likes this.
  3. Dinh Thanh

Sorry, please help me move this question to right forum.
    Thank you.

4. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

How long does it take you to open the dialogue? I assume it takes a moment to fetch the information from the server (y)

5. Dinh Thanh

Why do it need to fetch info from server? What info it need?

6. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Seeing as how it's automatically parsing the image or video, I'm assuming the dialogue is just grabbing the necessary code to immediately do so. Again, these are assumptions as I don't have my XF up to test this theory.

7. Dinh Thanh

In that case we may store these code in a .js or parse them by using ajax request to the server.

8. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

I wouldn't make any changes to your code until the theory has been tested ;)
    Try it on a local installation with debug enabled in case you screw some things up. Then, if you manage to speed it up, let us know! :)

Dinh Thanh likes this.