XF 2.2 Why aren't staff alerted on initial report of being tagged/mentioned?

When a member reports a post and tags/mentions a staff member (who has the XF report system access) in the initial typed up report, why aren't they alerted like how they'd usually be alerted if someone tags them in a message? If another staff member replies to the report and tags another staff member, they'll get the alert, but the initial report from a civilian user who tags a staff member doesn't alert the staff member.

That's the designed behaviour in both cases.

Only moderators commenting on a report trigger a mention alert.

Reports are not auto assigned.

Maybe on small boards with a small staff it's not that much of an issue, however on big boards with a large staff and a hundred reports a day, it makes a world of difference.

Our mods and admins find the process very tiresome and tedious having to constantly go back to subscribe a report that they themselves made.

Mods and admins are constantly left out of the mix in the reports they created, unless they are tagged.

Doesn't it make much more logical sense to remove the extra fifty steps every single day and simply auto subscribe mods and admins to reports they make themselves?

Custom development would be required.
I hear you, loud and clear.

However if you are not going to entertain the suggestion, can you at least please explain the logic behind doing it this way?

Was it just easier for your coders or is there a specific perspective you can share with us?

A bit off-topic but in case you look for a solution meanwhile:

Reactions: 420
A bit off-topic but in case you look for a solution meanwhile:
Unfortunately, this addon has the risk of changing permissions, so we cannot chance it.

Unfortunately, this addon has the risk of changing permissions, so we cannot chance it.
What's the risk? Do it on your sandbox first and if not, just deactivate addon? Literally takes you seconds to adjust permissions and/or disable the addon. But, hey, your decision if you prefer not to have it.

What's the risk? Do it on your sandbox first and if not, just deactivate addon? Literally takes you seconds to adjust permissions and/or disable the addon. But, hey, your decision if you prefer not to have it.
We have hundreds of thousands of users and millions of threads. The disclaimer says it could change permissions, but leaves it wide open to anything. Meaning, we could have members all of a sudden with access to our private back rooms, editing/deleting threads, etc. We are not a hobby forum, it's not something we can risk.

We have hundreds of thousands of users and millions of threads. The disclaimer says it could change permissions, but leaves it wide open to anything. Meaning, we could have members all of a sudden with access to our private back rooms, editing/deleting threads, etc. We are not a hobby forum, it's not something we can risk.
If you have hundreds of thousands of users and millions of threads, I am pretty sure you should have a sandbox for such things. After all, you are not a hobby forum...
Xon has 2 boards with hundreds of thousands of users as well, and is probably the best non-XF coder here. But hey, all good.

If you have hundreds of thousands of users and millions of threads, I am pretty sure you should have a sandbox for such things. After all, you are not a hobby forum...
Xon has 2 boards with hundreds of thousands of users as well, and is probably the best non-XF coder here. But hey, all good.

Thank you for your support, however Xon's achievements have nothing to do with our security and protocols.

If @Xon can be a little more specific on these permission risks, this might be a possible candidate for consideration.

This add-on introduces potentially breaking changes to moderation permissions. Please review usergroup permissions carefully!

The way the disclaimer vaguely reads, it leaves too much to chance.

You’d be better off asking in the addon thread for questions concerning the addons functionality.
He already tagged/subscribed me and replied to my concerns there.

Unfortunately, he confused the heck out of me and made things even more complicated to understand. Just seems like way too many things that could go wrong, especially with updates and other conflicting add ons.

We are working with another developer now who has created something much more simple. Currently testing his add on and will let you all know once it's dialed in and ready for the public.

Top Bottom