XF 2.2 Why are my site’s avatars getting upscaled and blurry?

BlueGreen91

I started using sprite artwork avatars on my site, and when uploaded they get upscaled and are blurry. Can someone suggest a way to resolve this? I want the avatars to be crisp, especially in the case of smaller sprites which will lose all their details when XenForo upscales/blurs them. Thanks.

I started using sprite artwork avatars on my site, and when uploaded they get upscaled and are blurry. Can someone suggest a way to resolve this? I want the avatars to be crisp, especially in the case of smaller sprites which will lose all their details when XenForo upscales/blurs them. Thanks.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding but based on your Avatar here (which is small and blurry)

88248.jpg.webp

you need to use larger avatar. Especially for retina screens, e.g.

11388.jpg.webp

Compare blurry goat to sharp bloke.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding but based on your Avatar here (which is small and blurry)

View attachment 301037

you need to use larger avatar. Especially for retina screens, e.g.

View attachment 301038

Compare blurry goat to sharp bloke.
Oh sorry for the confusion, I meant on my XF site, not here! I’m aware my avatar here is blurry, haha.

I have tried searching and applying other suggested fixes for xenforo avatars being blurry, but unfortunately they do not work and our avatars continue to be compressed and blurred when uploaded, especially in the case of pixel artwork.

Oh sorry for the confusion, I meant on my XF site, not here! I’m aware my avatar here is blurry, haha.
Yes I realised that I just wanted to point out that if you upload them there and they are similar to the one here, then they would be blurry.

What size are they when uploaded to your site?

They need to be at least 192 x 192 - see what happens when your avatar is sized up to 192 x 192

88248-jpg-webp.301037
11388-jpg-webp.301038

Top Bottom