Who now thinks their own site looks old and dated?

Link isn't working.

But considering I used MyBB on most of my sites due to lack of income, they look a bit more outdated than vB lol.

Link isn't working.

But considering I used MyBB on most of my sites due to lack of income, they look a bit more outdated than vB lol.

Are you sure?

I'll post a pic for you.

hostcule-forum.png

Not me , XenForo is pretty nice but my current sites are also pretty nice and have major UI improvements compared to default vB

Oh Yeh, SB has been Out of date since well 1999, but the members are very very VERY resistent to change

well they're in for a shock when it goes xF :p

Not me , XenForo is pretty nice but my current sites are also pretty nice and have major UI improvements compared to default vB
I think you're more qualified than me to make UI improvements, Mert...at least when it comes to vBulletin :p
Very true. it offers a CMS problem!
I actually wanted an article system for one of my sites...the thing is...they promised a CMS. So I should be able to easily do more than just articles. That, indeed, is a problem. Not to mention its inefficiencies.

I'm not all that impressed right now with the style. As an "older" member, I find the light line between posts difficult to see and makes reading a long thread tedious and difficult. It has potential, but has a ways to go yet.

Going back to my own site - even with the css rounded corners and shadows I've been adding to vB 3.8 (sorry IE users!) - I can't help feeling it looks dated after spending some time on here.

This feeling is true of any other forum I go on now!

Anyone else feel this?

nah don't think my forums are dated but i love the rendering /page load speed of this forum :)

interesting to see how activity this forum gets concurrency wise when user activity picks up :)

It's not the look that's dated, it's the functionality.

I actually removed all the rounded corners from my forum as I prefer hard, clean edges, something I've noticed a lot of other sites are now doing.

The look can be changed however. The functionality can't.

Yup yup yup - I was just thinking that very thing while clicking "get new posts" on my board. (SOooo much less exciting than the red Alert!)

Also, damn - it's after 7. I planned to get off of here an hour ago - what happened? Does this software also create rips in the space-time continuum?

Top Bottom