Add-on Who has read this thread / track user behavior

Alpha1

On vbulletin we have a function that shows the staff which member has read a thread and at what time.
In case of abuse this is very handy and allows us to catch malicious users like multiple accounts. Its also useful for staff to see if users have read a staff post.
There also used to be a popular addon that allows you to track a users behavior on the site. This is useful if the staff thinks there is a malicious user active and they want to monitor and track its behavior.

It would be useful if such addon would be available. I would surely buy several licenses.

I'm not sure what you mean by "track" them but I have a widget in my widget pack that shows everyone that read the thread.

To clarify what I mean:
  1. Show all members who have read the thread and the exact date and time.
    This would list all members that have read the thread. For some threads these are thousands on my site. So any bulky design is bound to fail on a big board, as the page would become too long. Showing the date and time on hover works well.
  2. Track users.
    From profile or member card go to a list that shows all activity of the member. i.e.
    - viewed discussion A
    - viewed profile B
    - posted to discussion C
    etc
There are useful moderator tools. Normal members should not see these.

Where would you want to display the list of members that read a thread? Can you please screenshot it?

With regard to number 2, you can see what posts and threads that member have done by going to their profiles. Can you please screenshot this too?

Where would you want to display the list of members that read a thread? Can you please screenshot it?
XenForo has the 'Users Online Now' block. http://awesomescreenshot.com/01b5m5ut40
I think the design of this block would be optimal to re-use for this purpose. Imagine a similar block titled 'Last Thread Visitors' that displays the usernames exactly the same. Hovering over a name would show the time the user last visited the thread. At the end of the list there is '...and 7 more' Clicking this would show all members. Either by showing an overlay or by expanding the block.
The bottom would show how many members in total.
The block could be a bd widget. It could be located at the bottom of the thread.
With regard to number 2, you can see what posts and threads that member have done by going to their profiles.
That's a good point. If the user activity tab would show staff all activity by the user, then this would be better.
The tab would not only show what the user has replied to or liked, everything. i.e.:
  • Wang has viewed the thread need a hand for a second.
    23 minutes ago
  • Wang has changed his location to Shanghai
    24 minutes ago
  • Wang has changed his avatar
    26 minutes ago
  • Wang has upgraded his account
    26 minutes ago
  • Wang has reported the thread need a hand for a second.
    31 minutes ago
  • Wang has sent a message to Alfa1
    31 minutes ago
  • Etc.

No, but @Xon 's User Activity does display which members are looking at content:
It does not log user activity though.

No, but @Xon 's User Activity does display which members are looking at content:
It does not log user activity though.
ye thats the thing i need it to log user activity.

How about this:

Top Bottom