Who Else Uses XenDynamic?

DRE

When creating a post, the featured image on the index or category page links to the picture and not the blog. Most wordpress themes link directly to the article. Am I the only person having this problem with XenDynamic?

I googled and answer and found that this code added to my functions.php file will link the picture directly to the blog. The problem is that the image loses it's position. How do I 'not' move it but retain this 'links thumbnail to post permalink' edit?

In wp-content/themes/XenDynamic/functions.php

Code:
// THIS LINKS THE THUMBNAIL TO THE POST PERMALINK

add_filter( 'post_thumbnail_html', 'my_post_image_html', 10, 3 );

function my_post_image_html( $html, $post_id, $post_image_id ) {

$html = '<a href="' . get_permalink( $post_id ) . '" title="' . esc_attr( get_post_field( 'post_title', $post_id ) ) . '">' . $html . '</a>';

return $html;
}

I can make that change, it's not a big deal. I'm in the process of adding some new things before I post it in the resource manager:

• widget to load XF templates and place them in wordpress (thing widgets for sidebar and such)
  • caching the templates better, quicker load times
  • more efficient loading of the content and placing it into the XF shell
Most of these changes are coming out of some work I did for a client. Once it's done I'll pass it on.

That's awesome! I've had to do a lot of homework the past 20 hours. No sleep, just research. I wish I was smart enough to know how to do all that coding stuff.

Top Bottom