Which version is most used by clients now? 1.4 or 1.5 or 1.3?

You aren't going to get a figure. Xenforo Ltd themselves don't actually know. The best they could do to generate a figure is one looking at expired licenses to see the latest version available to all given accounts which would not include people not actively running a site. Then you counter it with downloads for active licenses which does not mean its installed at that version yet.

Most of the sites still on older versions that are not on an expired license would be places like IGN which have significant core changes into their 1.3 build. As well as anyone invested in add-ons that cant make it to 1.5.

1.2 was a theme breaker for some sites but beyond that ive only seen a couple of addon's truly screwed between 1.2 and 1.5 that matter to some people enough to stay behind. If you are starting out I would just shoot to 1.5. In the end its where most of your support will be.

1.5.5a here

We upgrade XF within a week of every new release. We also run a server package update daily so we're pretty much always current.

Based on DP tool: https://tools.digitalpoint.com/cookie-search
RDCEQiC.png

@RoldanLT that doesn't really answer the question... :)

I wonder what changes, so that 1.0.x, 1.1.x and 1.2.x could be uniquely identified, but 1.3.x,1.4.x & 1.5.x can't...

Liam

Yeah, probably if I had to it could be done. Unfortunately I don't really care that much to spend time coding it. :)
Hahaha (y) I thought there might have been another reason.
A lot of people seems to watch those graphs. I'm one of them.

Top Bottom