Which era of film making is better? 🎥🎞🎬📽

Which era of film making is better? 🎥🎞🎬📽

• Total voters
I have to agree. There were so many original, groundbreaking films released in the 70's, no other era has come close. By comparison the majority of modern movies are remakes, prequels, sequels and Marvel franchises.

If you Google top film lists from the 70's you'll find every single film is original, most of which have stood the test of time.

Here's one such list: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls000019899/
I have to agree but it's subjective since genres had their time whether it was because the right director was around at that time and moved that genre forward or other factors. The 70s >> early 80s for the Horror genre at least, there was no better time compared to everything after it. With a few exceptions from James Wan and maybe 2-3 other misc Horrors which is my favorite genre.

Although I'm a big fan of the Hammer house horrors from the 50s/60s/70s the great horror movies started in the early 70s >> early 80s

My favorite movie is from the 90s, Citizen X (very underrated) but I couldn't say this was the best decade since for me, most movies started to go downhill with a few exceptions like any other decade.

The Girl with the dragon Tatoo trilogy (Swedish version) another gritty timeless classic

Sherlock Holmes from the 40s played by Basil Rathbone and his sidekick Nigel Bruce (Dr. Watson) I feel best portrayed the duo with Benedict Cumberbatch coming in a close second.

Unfortunately, too many movie studios try to politically inject their brand of PC and spoil it. Some already have a perfect script which to me should be an automatic success (Example: Amazons Rings of Power) but the people involved seem to have butchered that by not following Peter Jackson's method and going with a timeless story by one of, if not the greatest writer of all time. The first 3 Lord of the Rings has to be one of the best trilogy adaptions ever made, imo and Amazon just throw the script away by totally butchering it from all the leaks. "War Galadriel" - That always gets me laughing when I hear diehard fans mock the character. It'll be interesting to see how much that bombs when it's released (I think) in September

And then you have Sharknado, it's so bad, it's a masterpiece marinaded in goodness, bad CGI, Sub-par acting and a killer shark. 😀

I have to agree but it's subjective since genres had their time whether it was because the right director was around at that time and moved that genre forward or other factors. The 70s >> early 80s for the Horror genre at least, there was no better time compared to everything after it. With a few exceptions from James Wan and maybe 2-3 other misc Horrors which is my favorite genre.

Although I'm a big fan of the Hammer house horrors from the 50s/60s/70s the great horror movies started in the early 70s >> early 80s

My favorite movie is from the 90s, Citizen X (very underrated) but I couldn't say this was the best decade since for me, most movies started to go downhill with a few exceptions like any other decade.

The Girl with the dragon Tatoo trilogy (Swedish version) another gritty timeless classic

Sherlock Holmes from the 40s played by Basil Rathbone and his sidekick Nigel Bruce (Dr. Watson) I feel best portrayed the duo with Benedict Cumberbatch coming in a close second.

Unfortunately, too many movie studios try to politically inject their brand of PC and spoil it. Some already have a perfect script which to me should be an automatic success (Example: Amazons Rings of Power) but the people involved seem to have butchered that by not following Peter Jackson's method and going with a timeless story by one of, if not the greatest writer of all time. The first 3 Lord of the Rings has to be one of the best trilogy adaptions ever made, imo and Amazon just throw the script away by totally butchering it from all the leaks. "War Galadriel" - That always gets me laughing when I hear diehard fans mock the character. It'll be interesting to see how much that bombs when it's released (I think) in September

And then you have Sharknado, it's so bad, it's a masterpiece marinaded in goodness, bad CGI, Sub-par acting and a killer shark. 😀
Very well said!

Top Bottom