Which Dragonbyte Tech Addon Would You Rather See On Xenforo?

Which Addon Would You Prefer on Xenforo?

• Total voters
Unfortunately it's not on the list but Top X Stats (or InfoPanels).

I'm still waiting for something similar to appear...

I don't think DB Tech is coming back due to the overwhelmingly harsh reception but at least we got to know how bad we need a shop and how much you all like Pokemon.

Just found this thread, and find in amazing how everyone seems to want everything for free these days!

DBTech folks don't work on a charity basis. If DBTech XF addons work like vB's setup, they'd have a lite (free) and pro (paid) version for some, so they'd cater to both audiences ? So what's the problem ?

Or does everyone here expect a commercial/pro quality coded XF addon + support all for free ?

Just found this thread, and find in amazing how everyone seems to want everything for free these days!

DBTech folks don't work on a charity basis. If DBTech XF addons work like vB's setup, they'd have a lite (free) and pro (paid) version for some, so they'd cater to both audiences ? So what's the problem ?

Or does everyone here expect a commercial/pro quality coded XF addon + support all for free ?

Not sure if you read the thread same I did but that's not what is coming out of this thread. It's not which mod we want to see for free, it's which mod we would like to see most come to XF first.

Not sure if you read the thread same I did but that's not what is coming out of this thread. It's not which mod we want to see for free, it's which mod we would like to see most come to XF first.
Yes that's what the title of the thread is about but not part segment of the discussion itself, I'm particularly referring to these examples
Granted not all XF users here share the same sentiment.

My personal view is, XF community's free advice, free add ons and free support between customers is a privilege and not a right.

I have no problems personally, if DBTech is looking for a return on investment $$$ for their effort, time and skills in producing a quality XF addons for XF. If cost of the addon is an issue, then just don't buy it.

Everyone is in it for some form of return for their time whether it be in a monetary form or another. If providing free advice or help on this forum makes you happy -that's your return for your effort. So who here has a right to dictate what is acceptable amount of return for ones effort ($$$ or happiness) in coding XF addons ?

Yes that's what the title of the thread is about but not part segment of the discussion itself, I'm particularly referring to these examples
Granted not all XF users here share the same sentiment.

My personal view is, XF community's free advice, free add ons and free support between customers is a privilege and not a right.

I have no problems personally, if DBTech is looking for a return on investment $$$ for their effort, time and skills in producing a quality XF addons for XF. If cost of the addon is an issue, then just don't buy it.

Everyone is in it for some form of return for their time whether it be in a monetary form or another. If providing free advice or help on this forum makes you happy -that's your return for your effort. So who here has a right to dictate what is acceptable amount of return for ones effort ($$$ or happiness) in coding XF addons ?

Every user you just quoted has no problem purchasing paid add-ons(this I know for a fact).

Again... not sure if you're reading them all the way through, they are not referring to wanting DBTech to release free add-ons... but more DBTech rubbing it in the entire communities face that the marketplace isn't worth their time. That last sentence of course isn't an exact quote from DBTech but they have said they're collecting data to see if it's worth their time.

Every user you just quoted has no problem purchasing paid add-ons(this I know for a fact).

Again... not sure if you're reading them all the way through, they are not referring to wanting DBTech to release free add-ons... but more DBTech rubbing it in the entire communities face that the marketplace isn't worth their time. That last sentence of course isn't an exact quote from DBTech but they have said they're collecting data to see if it's worth their time.
Yes i can see both sides viewpoint regarding that ...

But it comes back to us (the community), dictating other people's value with regards to return on investment of one's own time and effort. One's own time and effort is that person's to place value on and no one elses. Afterall, everyone has different values placed on their own time. A teenage kid living at home without any financial obligations and responsibilities coding XF addons would have a totally different value on his time than a person with a family to support, house and car to pay off and other financial obligations (insurance, health care etc).

I guess that's why I have no problems with DBTech's statement that they're seeing if it's worth their time.

But it comes back to us (the community), dictating other people's value with regards to return on investment of one's own time and effort. One's own time and effort is that person's to place value on and no one elses. Afterall, everyone has different values placed on their own time. A teenage kid living at home without any financial obligations and responsibilities coding XF addons would have a totally different value on his time than a person with a family to support, house and car to pay off and other financial obligations (insurance, health care etc).

I guess that's why I have no problems with DBTech's statement that they're seeing if it's worth their time.
He came of as snobby and condescending towards those members who had issues so even if he meant well, it was downhill from there due to a misunderstanding. Retracting his statements and apologizing would not have worked at that point, only actions because actiona speak louder than words. Because he won't be coming back it is a lose/lose situation for Xenforo because he lost potential customers that would've posted on his support forums (which means vb customers would've been exposed to xenforo more and consider switching) and we lost potential addons that will not be coming to XF in the next couple of years. DB Tech's reputation was also sullied a bit from this debacle as well. Ship happens.

I agree with you 100%
I haven't seen anything that DBTech has said which deserved for him to be treated like he has by some of the xf members, it fact it makes those who are complaining look bad/childish in my opinion...

Mike has already tried to draw a line under this.

Any more and the thread will simply be closed.

For the record: All previous posts, except the ones signed by me (Fillip, co-founder and Programming Director of DBTech), were written by Iain - even if he didn't sign all of them.

Fillip
I have always found it confusing that DBT shares one account with multiple people. Why on earth do you do so?
Just curious. :)

Believe it or not I voted for the DBT Arcade because, past questionable actions on their behalf aside :X3: , if they can put out a quality product with all of the features that people are asking for then it'll be a solution for the people who are not happy about the progress of XFA. Plus, if nothing else, it'd be interesting to see if they take a different solution from XFA for working within the XF routes architecture to be able to capture the game scores that works for both Apache & Nginx servers (having to rely upon .htaccess in XF is a weakness, in my opinion, versus how we were able to handle it in vB).

(Heck, if they are interested in taking over the XFA project to get a head start, they could just send me a PM/PC this time. :coffee: )

I have always found it confusing that DBT shares one account with multiple people. Why on earth do you do so?
For really large support operations it is something not unheard of because it allows support questions/tickets/whatever to be handled by anybody on duty responding through a single point of communications but in a smaller community like forum add-ons it is a bit of an overkill since most people prefer dealing with support people & even the developers on a personal level.

(Holy run on sentence, Batman! :eek:)

(Holy run on sentence, Batman! :eek:)
Here ya' go.:p
images.webp

It's an account orgy I tell ya. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet *said in a candycrush the game voiceover*

It's an account orgy I tell ya. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet *said in a candycrush the game voiceover*
This chick on my site got 101,000 thousand something in the XFArcade game Candy Crush. I can only get up to 52,000. :mad:

Top Bottom