Which Dragonbyte Tech Addon Would You Rather See On Xenforo?

Which Addon Would You Prefer on Xenforo?

• Total voters

DRE

DragonByte Tech has not said they'll make any of these but by your participation in this vote poll please let them know how much we need one of these in case they do consider to develop another Xenforo addon. I chose these three from their list of addons: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/vbecommerce.php

This is a spin-off of this thread.

Dragonbyte Shop: Lengthy argument here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xfrocks-digital-shop.41847/

Dragonbyte Forum Ads since the only ones we have is Robbo's Ad Manager which does not do nearly half the stuff theirs does, is buggy and he's fell out of favor lately over the album. Also digitalpoint has his digitalpoint's ads which is more expensive and he has way more control over what we can do with it than what we'd be able to do with dragonbyte forum ads.

Dragonbyte Arcade because it does not have an importer from the old arcades, does not have rankings and was created by xfrocks who is way too busy with his own projects to maintain it and mythocial who no longer has anything involved with it anymore.

The shop add-on. Been waiting for a good shop add-on since the start and I know dragonbyte shop would be a quality add-on for sure.

.... because it does not have an importer from the old arcades, does not have rankings and was created by xfrocks who is way too busy with his own projects to maintain it and mythocial who no longer has anything involved with it anymore.
If you are talking about XF Arcade then only one of those two people you listed have anything to do with the code as it currently is (a subject which has been covered many times now in many threads).

I'd be all about a shop. That is my 2nd most wanted modification since purchasing XF. (First was what TaigaChat Pro is now).

Would dragonbyte consider a kickstarter project surely if he inserted say 5k-10k this could be an incentive. Has he been approached and asked this? would he consider it?

From what I've read the other concern is hostility from people? Valid point how could this be kept to a minimum if DB considered a kickstarter fund and then he could then sell it and maintain some kind of profit for himself and team.

Just throwing an idea out there, I dunno we're eager for a shop so anything is worth asking for at this point.

Robbo got what, $2k for his Simple Gallery + demo testing....

Not sure what a viable shop could command. Especially if it was up to par with the one they offer for that other software.

Dragonwhooooo.
Never heard of 'em before now. If they are VB related, that's why ... never ran it and never had a desire to. If they wanted to test the waters the best thing they could do is exactly this... see what the majority request is - port it if they have an existing one - and then see how it does. Minimal investment time that will allow them to "test the waters" of the paid app area. If their code and support is good it will go well. If not - well, we know how that will go. o_O

Never heard of them until today.

Their products may be good, however they have expressed a non interest in working with Xenforo so why are we having this discussion?

If people want a shop, perhaps a developer who already does work for xenforo could be pursuaded to develop one?

I have been impressed with Bobster's showcase.

Chris Deeming does excellent work.

etc etc etc

Their products may be good, however they have expressed a non interest in working with Xenforo so why are we having this discussion?

If people want a shop, perhaps a developer who already does work for xenforo could be pursuaded to develop one?

etc etc etc
If he's been spending all weekend arguing about it, he's thinking about it. :D

etc etc etc

If Bobster65 took on a shop add-on I'm sure he would bring something special to the table. Been very happy dealing with Bobster65 one of many great people I've had excellent experiences doing business with. :)

yes it also lacks the question "no"
To what end? Surely it only accommodates purposeless negativity and allows you to air your annoyance.

If many people are interested in buying a dragonbyte addon and DBT is interested in filling demand then good for them.

What sense does it make to count people who are not interested? How does it affect those people if an addon that they will not use is available or not?

To what end? Surely it only accommodates purposeless negativity and allows you to air your annoyance.

If many people are interested in buying a dragonbyte addon and DBT is interested in filling demand then good for them.

What sense does it make to count people who are not interested? How does it affect those people if an addon that they will not use is available or not?

Good post.

The way I see it the more quality add-ons coming to xenforo the better it is for everyone. Members, xenforo and the developers who develop them.

However, if this was done by a reputable developer already here that would be good to. But all the trustworthy devs who I think will follow a big project through are already busy doing their own add-ons developing those.

I understand he did not want to add add-on for "xf" may be he will vote no ?
it's always good to have a lot of choice in a vote even if it is a negative response.
should not divert a vote, just for the forced encoding an add-on for xf

Top Bottom