Which do you like more, Google+ or Facebook

joX

I have only had G+ for about 48 hours now and despite zero friends who use it I am fully hooked on its potential. If more any of my friends were early adopters I would skip facebook (except for the pages I admin) and use G+ exclusively.

What about you? Which suits your needs more?

I have only had G+ for about 48 hours now and despite zero friends who use it I am fully hooked on its potential. If more any of my friends were early adopters I would skip facebook (except for the pages I admin) and use G+ exclusively.

What about you? Which suits your needs more?
I've not used Facebook much (Not really big into social networking in the first place), but I much prefer G+ over it. Other than the lack of actual usage so far (Just not enough people who are related in some way to one another), I feel it has more potential than Facebook.

I'm not a fan of Facebook by any means, if it were not for the contacts I have in Facebook which are worldwide since I've lived in too many places I actually wouldn't even use it but...

I've not used Facebook much (Not really big into social networking in the first place), but I much prefer G+ over it. Other than the lack of actual usage so far (Just not enough people who are related in some way to one another), I feel it has more potential than Facebook.
How does it have more potential?

I don't do facebook, so it's google+ by default.
Why do you not do Facebook but you do google+, where do you see the big difference?

I'm not a fan of Facebook by any means, if it were not for the contacts I have in Facebook which are worldwide since I've lived in too many places I actually wouldn't even use it but...

How does it have more potential?

Why do you not do Facebook but you do google+, where do you see the big difference?
Google has more services that are widely used, and if they are integrated properly most people would find very little reason to ever leave the site.

Google has more services that are widely used, and if they are integrated properly most people would find very little reason to ever leave the site.

I still fail to see how is that an advantage, they are both social network sites and have the services they pretty much need. The only difference I can see is having YouTube tightly integrated against the Facebook videos. I actually still think Facebook videos would be better for a private share rather than going through uploading into YouTube and linking everything to your Google+ profile.

Just my point of view. They seem to me as the same crap, just different colors. I wish I could not have a FB account.

I still fail to see how is that an advantage, they are both social network sites and have the services they pretty much need. The only difference I can see is having YouTube tightly integrated against the Facebook videos. I actually still think Facebook videos would be better for a private share rather than going through uploading into YouTube and linking everything to your Google+ profile.

Just my point of view. They seem to me as the same crap, just different colors. I wish I could not have a FB account.
Google has:

Mostly widely used search engine
A widely used email service (I consider it the largest as both Yahoo and Hotmail retain legacy accounts)
Video service in the way of Youtube (If youtube celebrities adopt Google+, chances are many of their followers will)
Photo editing in the way of Picnic and Picasa (Already in use partially)
Google Talk, which has video and voice chat and works on desktops, on browsers, and on mobile phones
They also have their own operating system which they can design to cater to Google+ as much as they want (Not to mention their apps are likely to be highly optimized as they write the operating system in the first place).

Theres also their other services, many of which are just as widely as used, as well as services that are currently in beta but are likely to be integrated (Google Music, Google Games etc).

We are all entitled to feel any way we choose and although I don't fully agree I totally respect what you are saying. I also see where you are coming from with the same crap different colors thought because G+ to me is how Facebook should be. They do a lot of the same things, but so far G+ is more minimalist yet potent. I do also like the prospects of having one login for all my google accounts and my networking / social site of choice too.

My main concerns are 1) when google finally decides to start integrating ads into the pages will it start to be a sewer hole like FB's right nav bar or will it still be minimalist in nature. 2) when or if G+ takes off that will mean Google will officially own the world. As marketers we will all be even more under their thumb. 3) finally when everyone figures out how to SPAM the Spark feature will that become a total waste too.

for some reason google+ annoys me. I go to google, I want to check my emails and documents I'm sharing with my company. I found the google+ notification extremely annoying.

Most important of all, a lot of company blocks facebook at work because they don't want their employee to waste time playing around while working. Now they'll want to block google+ but it'd be extremely inconvenience if gmail and docs got blocked too.

Most important of all, a lot of company blocks facebook at work because they don't want their employee to waste time playing around while working. Now they'll want to block google+ but it'd be extremely inconvenience if gmail and docs got blocked too.
I had not even considered that as a possibility. Glad I work from home. :)

Neither, Twitter works better for me. :)

They can selectively block plus.google.com and still allow access to gmail and google docs.

Neither, Twitter works better for me. :)
I can't get into Twitter. I am more visually stimulated and with the lack of photos actually showing in the messages I don't feel engaged there. Combine that with the bazillion spammers, scammers and product pimps lurking there it reminds me of Myspace in that it is some what unsavory. That said it certainly is a easy way to communicate and does have great marketing uses.

Top Bottom