1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which cache?

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by AndreaMarucci, Apr 22, 2016.

1. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

I'd like to try to use a cache on my XF. i've read something about memcache bu maybe there are other types of cache to use.

Can you give me some suggestion on what to use?

The server is mine, I use WHM and cpanel and I've PHP 7. my forum has about 200 users with 300K messages.

2. Solidus

Solidus Well-Known Member

Memcached and PHP 7 still aren't compatible I think.
    I'd use Redis paired with the built in Opcache.
  3. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

Thanks. I really don't know anything about the cache systems so I'm asking for advice. Your solution it's ok at performance level?
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Actually not fully correct. :)

Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 11.19.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 11.19.24 AM.png

Of course, it does require manual compilation (which is easy enough if using CentOS and CentMin Mod by @eva2000)
    I also use Redis, but the only issue I have is it relies on an add-on to work.
    maszd and eva2000 like this.
  5. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Memcached or Redis + Zend OpCache
  6. motowebmaster

motowebmaster Active Member

I'm running php 5.6 with OpCache and Memcached.

Used to run XCache for both front and back-end for my XF site; wasn't that bad but ended up using it less these days.
  7. Live Free

Live Free Active Member

Also curious about this. I'm running memcached but just upgraded to a dedi and I'm wondering if I can better optimize my caching.

What are the benefits of some of these caches over others?
  8. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Plenty of topics in this forum discussing that.