XF 2.2 Where would i increase top-margin to the entire forum area

Vade

Hey!

Basically, i've got a nav bar with some space underneath, and i want to increase that space, basically add a margin-top to the entire forum area.
Been looking though everything, just couldn't find it.

so i thought id try it here.

thanks!

Ohoh, problem. Just been getting into actually having a go a xenforo. Are you suggesting i do this for every selector? and override them? cause i actually did quite some changes throughout the files.

All CSS styling changes should be added to the extra.less template. This way they will not be overwritten or cause any template merging issues when you update XenForo.

i would suggest reverting that change (to make upgrades easier) and instead put it in extra_css file instead as an over-ride of the selector.
All CSS styling changes should be added to the extra.less template. This way they will not be overwritten or cause any template merging issues when you update XenForo.
One more question guys, can the core_dt_extra.less be used aswell? or will that also be overriden? also in that scenario, if overriding occurs upon an update. I've seen similar questions about the html code or whatever, and specific template files are being advised, doesn't the same qualify for that? where would we add the html, properly?

Last edited:
sounds like that is the EXTRA file for a DT mod, perhaps dragonbyte tech?

if so, use that instead of the foundational styles in the addon.

HTML, you'll need to edit the template and deal with merges at upgrade. Usually, it's pretty straight forward but it makes upgrades harder for sure.

sounds like that is the EXTRA file for a DT mod, perhaps dragonbyte tech?

if so, use that instead of the foundational styles in the addon.

HTML, you'll need to edit the template and deal with merges at upgrade. Usually, it's pretty straight forward but it makes upgrades harder for sure.
Legend, thanks alot!

Top Bottom