Where to sell a project

masterking

Hello,

I've been developing a project since 3 years and now i'm looking to sell that project.

Can you recommend me a good site, where i can sell the project ?

It's a magazine cms and how much is it worth ?

Regards

Software/domain etc? What is it.

It's worth as much as somebody is willing to pay.

But if you have worked on it for 3 years 8 hours a day... 5 days a week...

Approx 6000 hours, what do you value your time at?

$10 an hour... $60,000
$20 an hour... $120,000

Etc.

You can try flippa.com, but their fees are outrageous. They want something like 5% of sale price for simply listing your website. You can use it as measurement of how much websites are worth.

Then there are few forums with sections dedicated to website sales: webhostingtalk.com, dnforum.com

I've sold several websites 5-10 years ago for 5 number figures using combination of those 3 websites. It looks like all of them are still active. Flippa used to be called Sitepoint Marketplace back then and their fees were reasonable.

It's a custom software developed by me.

Here's a demo link : ahaber.de

It's a magazine cms, which has been clean and professional developed.

Do you think it would worth 5 - 10k $ ?

Can i sell in flippa only a software ?

I'm going to be brutal and ask what's the difference of your script to a heavily styled WordPress?

First of all, it has nothing to do with wordpress.

I prefer to write my own code instead of just using wordpress.

WordPress requires many plugins to be installed, to get your things to done.

WordPress had quite a few security flaws, so most of wordpress sites had been affected.

I think a script should be easy to setup, without installing hundreds of plugins.

So the main difference is, that my cms is easier to use and to launch your site within few minutes.

Those who invest heavily in a script would like to have support for extension and customization. Also, those who know would like to have security updates as per changing scenario. I hope if you provide ( or can prove that you are able to ), the price would be decent.

Those who invest heavily in a script would like to have support for extension and customization. Also, those who know would like to have security updates as per changing scenario. I hope if you provide ( or can prove that you are able to ), the price would be decent.

Can i use ebay to get the full product to sold ?

I looked at flippa but there was no section for sell a project only.

I'm assuming you're selling this as a completed project as-is with no support or future involvement? It's "I've made this, here's the code and the resale rights, develop & sell as you wish"?

I'm assuming you're selling this as a completed project as-is with no support or future involvement? It's "I've made this, here's the code and the resale rights, develop & sell as you wish"?

Yes, right.

However i can provide some support for 6-12 months.

You can sell it anywhere people come looking for custom CMS. Some are pro enough to buy without support as well.

I think i'll post it on ebay.

Top Bottom