Where is the setting for attachment size limit in personal conversations?

CTXMedia

I have attachment size limit set at 2MB - however whilst trying to upload an 800kb JPG file in a personal conversation I'm being given the error "The uploaded image is too big. " and not being allowed to attach it.

Where do I adjust the size limit setting for Personal Conversations please?

Thanks,
Shaun :D

NB: I'm presuming this is a physical file size issue rather than the pixel dimensions? Only because I thought XF resized larger images down to the max. dimensions that you set in the ACP?

Why can I upload an image, even though it is larger than the maximum file size (KB) permitted?
Uploaded files are first resized based on the maximum physical dimensions (pixels) set in the ACP -> Options -> Attachments: Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions. If the resized image is below the maximum file size (KB) limit, then it will be allowed.
Note that with XenForo 1.1 and above, images of 16 megapixels and over will not be resized; this is to prevent fatal errors due to running out of memory. If the Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions combined total (width x height) is set lower than this limit, images greater than 16 megapixels, or with a dimension larger than that permitted, will be rejected with an error stating The uploaded image is too big. If the Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions combined total (width x height) is set to 0 or greater than 16 megapixels, the image will appear as an attachment without a thumbnail.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180445

Top Bottom