Where do you setup that new members receive welcome email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xTOPSECRETx

Where do you setup that new members receive welcome email?

I cant find it. On vb members receive PM and email for welcome, does xenforo not have this option?

wow a simple welcome message and I have to use an add on? that is unacceptable. I dont like using add ons, they cause most of the issues in the long run!

The suggestions forum is the place then to press your argument over to the developers in why you think this should be included into the core. If you put your case over strongly enough and with merit then it will have a stronger chance of getting in. That all depends.

Brogan as I see it was helping, It's senseless taking it out on the guy that linked you to an alternative when you could go create a thread in the suggestions area.

Did you not think to ask whether the features you wanted (welcome email, animated avater in the message template, etc.) were part of the core software before purchasing?

I think Junior (think it was him) has a template edit for making animated avatars work again.

Renada :)

The suggestions forum is the place then to press your argument over to the developers in why you think this should be included into the core. If you put your case over strongly enough and with merit then it will have a stronger chance of getting in. That all depends.

Brogan as I see it was helping, It's senseless taking it out on the guy that linked you to an alternative when you could go create a thread in the suggestions area.

lady take your attitude somewhere else - no one asked for your opinion...

lady take your attitude somewhere else - no one asked for your opinion...

Correction Arnold, It was a suggestion I recommended that you make to further your case. If you want to complain then so be it, don't expect change if your not willing to go create a thread pressing why you think this should be core material.The link is there, use it. If that don't suit your needs create a thread in the suggestions area.

why don´t moderators just move this thread into "Suggestions" ? I assume there is already a suggestion for this feature, probably merge threads.

I am sure we will see those kind of features in XF sooner or later.

I do agree that installing add-ons for minor features is not very comfortable and it does not make fun to rely on third-party-plugins for basic features. Usually third-party-developers are not updating their software to new versions and then small Forum-webmasters need to figure out which plugin is causing issues, especially on updating of software-versions.

Wow what a bunch of people who got nothing better to do then troll a thread.... that goes to show you none of you people have any clue to what a forum is or what it should have by default... amazing how quickly Trollers involve themselves in conversations between A and B! You have no development skills and if you had any sense in your forum management you would not take risks with 3rd party add ons. Even an established forum software like vbulletin I would not use 3rd party add ons... the risk of security breach increases and and and and and... You folks may be okay with a company who sells a forum software that is in it's early stages and not care for simplicity that delivers some of the basic functions of a forum! I don't mind paying $140 US and pay the yearly renewal fee's to stick with XEN! but getting attitude for raising my concern over simple functions and getting pointed at to being the one with the attitude goes to show you how pathetic you people take an A and B conversation.

For those of you who are not sure what a Troll is, read below and see how quickly they defend their comments:

A troll is someone who posts off-topic messages in an online discussion forum.

From what I can see, myself and several others tried to help you and you responded in a fairly hostile manner and have now resorted to personal insults.

Perhaps you need to examine your own attitude towards posting in forums, as this sort of behaviour isn't going to make others want to help you in future.

You have your answer.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom