XF 2.2 Where do you set the banning option of purging content?

CavySpirit

When banning someone permanently, I want ALL of that spammer's content removed -- every last drop, including media, media comments, 3rd party comments (AMS, etc), private convo's, profile posts if they got that far, forum posts, comments, likes, etc.

I can't find where to remove any of it, let alone all of it. Just getting buried in the options everywhere. :) Just need a pointer. :)

I think you can't do that.
Even you delete the member in ACP the content will persist. Know that if you automatically delete his messages it would also delete the discussions he created and therefore all the answers of other members too.

Oh my. Yes, it shouldn't wholesale delete threads that they didn't create, but it should delete all posts and threads created by them and all other content similarly. I don't really care if a member had a conversation with a spammer. That post can stay if it was not on a spammer-created thread. Otherwise, it's toast. This was never an issue in vB. It got rid of all of their content. So, I have to go manually hunting and deleting all pockets of content posted by a spammer then? Oh my.

The spam cleaner is the most you can get out of core xenForo functions. Not 100% certain if it touches media/resources though. Then you can delete them to remove their profile.

Hmm. Media comments is a favorite spammer location. And if someone makes it to the next usergroup level before spamming -- sleeper spammers to me -- (It's been known to happen), then profile posts and profile post comments are a thing. Not to mention I have AMS article comments and such too to worry about.

Thanks. Yes, I have that now, but I think I'm going to have to be a little stricter with those other fun things. You kind of walk a fine line on that to encourage 95% of users to engage with the site.

Not to mention I have AMS article comments and such too to worry about.
AMS implements Spam Handlers for Articles, Article Pages, Series, Ratings and Comments. Just like both XFRM Spam Handlers and XFMG Spam Handlers, they piggy back off of thread actions... eg "Delete spammer's threads" handles Articles, Article Pages and Series, where as "Delete spammer's messages" handles Ratings and Comments.

The spam cleaner is the most you can get out of core xenForo functions. Not 100% certain if it touches media/resources though. Then you can delete them to remove their profile.
I don't know how the SPAM function is managed by the system but it seems to me that it no longer appears for a member after a while, it is reserved for new members.

yeah. i had it enabled for everyone (0 set on all permissions) and accidentally managed to delete a user's data few days ago. had to redo the settings to avoid doing that in future. search for Spam cleaner default options in the xenforo admin search from top right.

Top Bottom