XF 2.2 Where do we add code to prevent overriding.

Vade

Hey! basically i just put a post up, and some people advised me to revert what i did due to overridings upon updates.

So basically my question is, where do we prevent this in the general context? i see that extra.less is being used to override whatever styling has been applied, but what about html or any other code for that context, because whenever i do some "googling" i see plenty of template files being advised to modify things for specific reasons.

i also seemed to stumble upon core_dt_extra.less, what's up with this?

Thanks!

For styling most people prefer to use the style properties or extra.less template.

To change the structure of a template or add content to it (i.e. HTML) the template needs to be modified directly - that can't be done with CSS.
Although it is possible to reposition elements within a template using CSS.

Personally I prefer to modify the templates directly, even less templates.
That way I am notified of changes to templates as I am prompted to merge.

When using the extra.less template, there is no indication of which templates have been changed - you have to check the release notes.

i also seemed to stumble upon core_dt_extra.less, what's up with this?
That's a third party template.

For styling most people prefer to use the style properties or extra.less template.

To change the structure of a template or add content to it (i.e. HTML) the template needs to be modified directly - that can't be done with CSS.
Although it is possible to reposition elements within a template using CSS.

Personally I prefer to modify the templates directly, even less templates.
That way I am notified of changes to templates as I am prompted to merge.

When using the extra.less template, there is no indication of which templates have been changed - you have to check the release notes.

That's a third party template.
Thanks alot, appreciate the input! will most definitely help me out.

thanks again.

Top Bottom