Where do I set permission so users can upload images to a POST within a thread?

fionix

Hello,

I have been looking at it for days but can't find where I set the permission that forum users can upload Images / Pictures to a Post when they reply to a thread!

When I create a new thread it is not a problem they can upload images, but when they reply and want to include a image it is not possible!

Where do I set the permission for this?

It's a single user group permission, "Upload attachments to posts", that controls attachments to posts (both posts that start threads and posts within threads).

Unlikely to be a bug, more likely to be an issue related to permissions. Beyond that it could be an issue with another add-on or your style.

Firstly, double check with the Permissions Analyser in the ACP to ensure you have the permissions set correctly (check both user permissions and node permissions as the setting appears in both).

Beyond that, disable all add-ons and test in a completely unedited default theme and see if the issue still occurs.

Thank you.

I tried with the default style and it is the exact same as with the modified theme, so I tried to check with the Analyze Permission, which looks like below.
Forum Permissions - Upload attachments to posts

Global Permission Values
Mentor Group: Allow
Professionals: Allow
Content Permission Values
Final Value (Content): Yes

Still it does not show up... I tried to disable all plugins, it is still not working..

Last edited:
Yes I just tried that... I can see the options here on the forum.. that's why I don't get why it isn't showing up on my forum. Everything else works just great but not this function :)

So, you are saying that the Upload a File button is available when you post a New Thread, but it's missing when you post a reply?

If the Upload a File button is missing, is it just from the Quick Editor at the bottom of a thread, or is it also missing when you click on More Options and get the full editor?

Can you drag and drop images directly into the quick editor at the bottom of a thread from your computer? If not, is there any error message?
Can you drag and drop any other file types into the quick editor at the bottom of a thread (e.g. PDF)?

Also double check with the Permissions Analyser the View Attachments in posts permissions, just in case. It's likely it's fine (as you can upload images when starting a thread) but if it is set to Never in a user group you are in, that would prevent file uploads.

I just learned something new, I can drag and drop the images from my Computer to the thread :D that works.

But I don't have the "upload a file" on quick editor nor on the More options!

But yes I can drop others files.. this already helped me a lot.. but still it would be nice if the upload a file option would show up.

This still sounds like a style issue or an add-on issue.

Can you post a screenshot of the quick editor with the missing button taken in a completely unedited default style?

Also, check the browser console to see if there are any errors.

Thank you for all your help. I can copy / paste the image as you mentioned ealier that is fine. I will put it in the HELP section of the forum so people can find it there if they want to put images in the post :)

Quick update here:

After upgrade of the forum and manual FTP upload of all upgrade files again it finally shows up.. :) sorry for troubeling you.. was my fault. Everything works great as always. XenForo rocks :D

Top Bottom