When XenForo.com removes a resource it should not look like the author removed it by posting a generic removal post under their name

bzcomputers

If XenForo.com is going to remove another authors resource it should post under an official Xenforo.com account that the resource was removed and give a more detailed reason why.

Posting a generic "This resource has been removed and is no longer available." under the author's name (what is being done currently) just leads to confusion especially for those who are new to Xenforo.com or not familiar with what appears to be an ever growing issue of authors abandoning development and support of their add-ons.

It should be clear WHO and WHY he deleted an add_on. Especially since it not only ensures transparency but also shows users that something is wrong with the developer.

If XenForo.com is going to remove another authors resource it should post under an official Xenforo.com account that the resource was removed and give a more detailed reason why.

Posting a generic "This resource has been removed and is no longer available." under the author's name (what is being done currently) just leads to confusion especially for those who are new to Xenforo.com or not familiar with what appears to be an ever growing issue of authors abandoning development and support of their add-ons.
logical

If its posted by the user, the user self has deleted it. You need to ask the author.

I would be very angry if someone posts something in my name, and AFAIK XenForo is not doing this.

I think the fact that people still question why a resource gets deleted when it's a housekeeping related issue shows to me there's a problem.

If its posted by the user, the user self has deleted it. You need to ask the author.

I would be very angry if someone posts something in my name, and AFAIK XenForo is not doing this.

Technically, that's what is happening: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...nish-translation-deleted.157864/#post-1584798

I think it could clear a lot of confusion up with even two simple steps:
  • Removal of resource posted by XF Housekeeping account
  • Link "housekeeping criteria" in the notice to the thread: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/resource-housekeeping.112680/
  • BONUS: Put a notice at the top of the thread saying this thread deleted due to housekeeping standards (and link to the standards). Threads with multiple pages that notice gets lost pretty quick.

I just noticed all of my resources have been removed completely, with 5 marked as "unmaintained".

Is there any way for me to find any reason why my entire Xenforo effort has been completely wiped?

Is there any way for me to find any reason why my entire Xenforo effort has been completely wiped?

Top Bottom