When suggesting a new idea, large or small, should a poll be created, to establish percentages?

Halcyon

When I browse a xenforo suggestion thread, its difficult to see the for & against ratio, I'm frustrated with not being able to tell what is & what isn't considered to be a good idea. :confused:

I feel the use of a poll on each new suggestion thread to be 'useful 'to both users & 'developers' alike.

Please let me know your thoughts, for me it'd help massively to establish if I want to invest now, later or not at all. I like quick, reliable data...

Cheers, Halcyon ;)

Agree to disagree?

Thanks Shelly, you gotta laugh.... you made the smilies... they show all the emotions. Now which one did you make that shows anger, frustration & confused!

There is no dislike button but you can :mad: & :p & :eek:.... it's just plain crazy!

I'll use
mad.png
mad.png
mad.png
mad.png
mad.png
mad.png
confused.png
... if I disagree from now on.

That's why there is the ability to post your comments.

As far as I am aware, real life conversations don't consist of one word statements such as "Like", "Dislike", "Disagree", instead it is a discourse using quite a few more words than that.
unless, of course, you like it?

why not just admit that the entire reason there is no 'dislike' button nor any means of creating new buttons, is because the devs fear it would facilitate negativity and hostility. tell halcyon the truth; he isnt trusted to know how to admin his site nor to know what will work for his community.
There will never be a dislike button.
...But I won't be putting [dislike] into the core code, for much the same reason as I don't have a 'send abusive email to all members' button, which administrators could choose to enable or not.
never mind the 'miserable users' feature already in the acp...

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-dis-like.2346
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/not-implemented-like-dislike.225
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/dislike-post.743

Thanks Shelly, you gotta laugh.... you made the smilies... they show all the emotions. Now which one did you make that shows anger, frustration & confused!

There is no dislike button but you can :mad: & :p & :eek:.... it's just plain crazy!

The one that rejected your proposal. >> (satisfaction) :D

Isn't it great being able to use the "like" feature again?

why not just admit that the entire reason there is no 'dislike' button nor any means of creating new buttons, is because the devs fear it would facilitate negativity and hostility.
You would have to speak to the developers/company owners about that.
I don't presume to speak for them.

unless, of course, you like it?

why not just admit that the entire reason there is no 'dislike' button nor any means of creating new buttons, is because the devs fear it would facilitate negativity and hostility. tell halcyon the truth; he isnt trusted to know how to admin his site nor to know what will work for his community.

never mind the 'miserable users' feature already in the acp...

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-dis-like.2346
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/not-implemented-like-dislike.225
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/dislike-post.743

I like...

:mad::mad: or do I?
Hang on...
:) yes I do....
or do I?
:rolleyes: Not sure....

Wish I could just click a button to say I dislike.

Then all this arguing wouldn't have started.

Oh and by the way, polls work... the people who take 25% of your wages, spend it on what they want... you voted for them!

The like system is simple and therefore less likely to be biased. A poll could be considered for some suggested features though, but it's best created by the staff, and in a way that it doesn't push users towards a certain option.

The like system is simple and therefore less likely to be biased. A poll could be considered for some suggested features though, but it's best created by the staff, and in a way that it doesn't push users towards a certain option.
Agreed!!!!!!!! I like... I'm not pressing the like button tho sorry. Its gets lonely by itself.

Hang on, I don't agree, glad I don't have to unlike you.

The system is biased. It only has one option.

i actually have already ;)

Your kidding right? Heck, bring it over here and we can introduce it along with the "agree to disagree", dislike, love, superlove, ultimate love and maybe if we don't break the layout we can fit in a "I don't care enough to vote" feature.

We may bloat the heck out of the postbit but who cares about that? We want our emotional attributes conveyed into features that ensures the death of our beloved like feature. I'm in.

Your kidding right? Heck, bring it over here and we can introduce it along with the "agree to disagree", dislike, love, superlove, ultimate love and maybe if we don't break the layout we can fit in a "I don't care enough to vote" feature.

We may bloat the heck out of the postbit but who cares about that? We want our emotional attributes conveyed into features that ensures the death of our beloved like feature. I'm in.
my suggestion was for admins to be able to manage buttons. to be able to add buttons and label them as they saw fit. i gave examples of buttons people may wish to have other than (omg!) dislike. laugh, agree, hug... some guy was wanting 'praying'... but we cant be trusted to undertake that kind of admin duty. i mean, some chick on the other side of the globe might put a disagree button on her board that you will never visit, and we cant have that.

my suggestion was for admins to be able to manage buttons. to be able to add buttons and label them as they saw fit. i gave examples of buttons people may wish to have other than (omg!) dislike. laugh, agree, hug... some guy was wanting 'praying'... but we cant be trusted to undertake that kind of admin duty. i mean, some chick on the other side of the globe might put a disagree button on her board that you will never visit, and we cant have that.

Well tbh this thread doesn't hold any interest to me anymore. Laughable at best and that's as much as it holds for me. Good memories.

Top Bottom