XF 2.1 When clicking forum, pop up downloads of blank html files

On my website if I click forum, I get 3-5 different html files that pop up for download. They are named random characters and if I do download them they have no content when looking into them. Any idea why this is happening? Is this some type of spam that has been injected?

If it happens sporadically for all users then that points to an intermittent server issue.
Your host will be able to investigate.

If it happens just for you then it is local to your device.

I can confirm that this also happened to myself.

I am not sure to what it is related though. I thought it is maybe a Firefox bug. Next time it happens I will see if it happens on other websites or on XF based websites.

The last 3 months it at least happened 10 times to me. Not sure how to trigger it and it is so rare I didn't think about it that much.

Last edited:
I can confirm that this also happened to myself.

I am not sure to what it is related though. I thought it is maybe a Firefox bug. Next time it happens I will see if it happens on other websites or on XF based websites.

The last 3 months it at least happened 10 times to me. Not sure how to trigger it and it is so rare I didn't think about it that much.

Oh so your saying its happened to you on websites other than mine ?

Oh, wow.

I've just visited your website right now and clicked on "Forums" and boom my Firefox downloaded these files automatically:

1657516685517.png

Here are the files attached.

Attachments

So the question is if this Firefox bug happens just on XF forums or also on other websites. I can't remember if this happened to me on other sites or not.

So the question is if this Firefox bug happens just on XF forums or also on other websites. I can't remember if this happened to me on other sites or not.
As I recall I've seen this already, but can't remember where now. Also, my main browser is Safari. It doesn't happen on any of my XF sites though.

Top Bottom