Wheel of Fortune: Woman solves after one letter?

twhiting9275

Seriously, this is just, wow. Dunno how she went on to finish the night, but if this is any indication, well, check it out:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think this was probably the first time they've ever done that one

She also had the apostrophe, which makes it marginally less amazing. So you figure "I've" and that's probably going to be followed by "got" or "had" and if that's a phrase you use a lot, it might pop into your head.

It's happened before. I remember several years back, some guy guessed a "T," got two of them on the board and then solved it.

With 2 letters, it's still hard, but not as hard. With one letter it's damn near impossible.
Like was stated earlier, having that hyphen helped a lot. You could pretty much figure out the first word was "I'm" almost immediately, and from there, she took a really lucky guess. Some people are just very quick at seeing words through various letters or patterns.

Like was stated earlier, having that hyphen helped a lot. You could pretty much figure out the first word was "I'm" almost immediately, and from there, she took a really lucky guess. Some people are just very quick at seeing words through various letters or patterns.
Dude, first word was "I've", so easy even after you have seen the answer you got it wrong :p

Dude, first word was "I've", so easy even after you have seen the answer you got it wrong :p
Oh, I thought the first word had four letter spaces today, not three.

Either way, my point still stands: there are only so many valid words that could fit in four letter spaces with a hyphen taking up one of them, so she very quickly could reason "I've." And as the answer was a relatively common phrase, she just used a bit of reasoning and luck to get it right.

That's not to take away from what she did, though. It just goes to show how good some people can be with words, much the way some are great with numbers.

Top Bottom