1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best way to find a quality style developer?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by Joe Link, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Well-Known Member

I'm looking to have custom styles developed for three of my forums. One of these is the forum for my business and it is fairly large (33,000 members). Because of this, I'd prefer to work with an actual company which carries insurance, can provide references, etc. rather than a person who could simply disappear, should something go wrong.

Is there a directory somewhere of businesses which specialize in XenForo development? Any other best practices I should know about before hiring someone for these projects?
  2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

3. John007

John007 Active Member

Contact @Russ he is one of the best style developers on xenforo :)
    Shelley likes this.
  4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Agreed @Russ & @Steve F are fantastic designers and exceptionally good at what they do.

There are also other who are exceptionally good designers. @Forsaken @Audentio @Arty @CyberAP and I know @Sheldon does enhancements to existing styles so if your style is done (or you think it's done) @Sheldon will further enhance it. You ought to check out his work in the area I linked to.
    Mike Creuzer, Russ and Steve F like this.
  5. Joe Link

Joe Link Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips guys!
    Russ likes this.
  6. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

I can attest to @Russ for custom themes as I bought one from him for a site I used to have. He is amazing. @Audentio makes some really awesome pre made themes and @Sheldon does do a fantastic job of customizing pre made themes. He just customized Antiquark for me and it's absolutely amazing what all he did to it. If you want to see what Sheldon can do just click on the link in my signature.
    Mike Creuzer and Russ like this.