Whats the best addon to get to ban vpn/proxy registrations?

jeb35

We have a problem member that has caused issues for the last 5 or 6 years on a different forum I am a member(administrator) but without full access to ACP. She has found our new forum some of the staff from the previous forum created and is always using digital ocean to register accounts with. We really need to stop this activitiy. But I'm sure she'll use some other site when she realizes what we have done. So the addon would need to be able to ban various sites. So what addon would be recommend to accomplish this?

In short, there is no fool-proof way to detect anonymous proxies. There are service APIs around that charge a fee per lookup (general pricing is around 50€ for 10k basic calls), but they also do not offer complete protection, especially if your user is capable of setting up his own anonymous proxy.

Give a link to such a service in PM or here. I can not find. help me

Maxmind or ip2location comes to my mind. They can give you details about each IP address including if it is a VPN or Tor access route. They also give information if an IP address is used by an access provider or a hosting provider/data center.

But all that information is no 100% correct, so I would not block registrations based on that.

Top Bottom