What's happening? I'm a bit worried...

raytrails

Sorry if this has been debated recently, but I have some troubled thoughts about the future of Xenforo.
  • Kier hasn't posted anything since January. Is he occupied with the lawsuit?
  • Important feature requests are still not implemented. What's the status with v1.2? xenforo.com seems dead in the water, except from add-on developers' additions.
  • There hasn't been this long since the last update, ever in XF's history (?).
I hope for some feedback on these subjects from any of the developers.

Sorry if this has been debated recently, but I have some troubled thoughts about the future of Xenforo.
  • Important feature requests are still not implemented. What's the status with v1.2? xenforo.com seems dead in the water, except from add-on developers' additions.
1. He's occupied. We're only customers, we obviously do not require to know every little dirty detail of what he does, or why he isn't as active as we'd like.
2. Development isn't fast, and certain things are obviously going to be held off for later versions while they add new features that are also commonly requested.
3. Again, development isn't fast, especially when they've added two new products, one of which is under development while they work on a new major milestone (1.2).

1. He's occupied. We're only customers, we obviously do not require to know every little dirty detail of what he does, or why he isn't as active as we'd like.
I agree completely, but when his absence coincides with some of the other factors it gets me thinking.

I'm convinced that people who start these threads are either; a.) Trolls b.) Demand everything instantly in life

People just need patience. I'm sure they will let paying customers AND visitors know any news if there is any news to report.

Don't meant to offend.

Kier's been occupied with both law suits against him & his company since the moment he wanted to make good software for communities a year after he left Jelsoft. The reason he's not online on the forums at the moment is understandable (I know I would not be either). Personal life is personal, and none of our business.

While I do understand you have a fair question, the three previous threads with the same question got closed because people simply can't accept an answer given. I think it's ridiculous to question intention when the last handful of updates happened quite recently. There are no huge bugs that require a maintenance release yesterday. And it's not like we haven't had a developer update or software release in six or more months or so.

Anyway, deaf ears. And therefor I think it's understandable they feel less motivated to come online and repeat themselves. Mike hasn't posted (I checked yesterday) since March 22nd, 2012.

Kier: If you read this, best of luck, ignore us - we're just customers some of us. But we do miss you, and not because we invested some money in our web site and want a .zip file, some of us just really miss you as a friend.

And if in a few years IB has completely ruined a healthy competitor and Kier/Mikey/Ashley have moved on with their lives doing something else that makes them happy, and our communities would still run XenForo 1.2, .. it is still a better love-story than Twilight.

I'm convinced that people who start these threads are either; a.) Trolls b.) Demand everything instantly in life

People just need patience. I'm sure they will let paying customers AND visitors know any news if there is any news to report.

Don't meant to offend.
You can presume what ever you want, but I'm no troll nor a demanding guy. I just care for Xenforo, and thus let my concern be visible.

Yet again, people with legitimate concerns are labelled "trolls" by people who happen to disagree.

Why can you not simply accept others may disagree with you?

People disagree with me. Their views are, however, perfectly valid and I do not consider them "trolls".

I would recommend looking up the meaning of that word before you use it again. You're actually being quite offensive to a great many perfectly respectable people.
I totally agree. Seems like a whole bunch of people in here takes posts with concerns about XF personally.

Thanks for your great contribution to this thread.

It's exactly how I feel about your post. Your contribution added nothing to the boards as well. You asked questions that had already been asked, made insinuations that had already been made and cultivated an atmosphere of dread that has been commented on several times by other users. I responded to your post with the same level of intelligent discourse in which the OP was delivered.

Good day, sir.

Yet again, people with legitimate concerns are labelled "trolls" by people who happen to disagree.

Why can you not simply accept others may disagree with you?

People disagree with me. Their views are, however, perfectly valid and I do not consider them "trolls".

I would recommend looking up the meaning of that word before you use it again. You're actually being quite offensive to a great many perfectly respectable people.

I've paid for the software and using it quite happily, not sat on my computer 24/7 watching XenForo every second of my life wondering why a developer hasn't posted every second that passes.

The thread on the admin website is a joke. Screenshots and times of when certain people (Management) from XenForo have visited their own website and not posted, but have dared to not visit and post on XenForo. You all seriously need to either run a successful business (Or not pretend to) or take a step outside and visit the real world. You are like stalkers.

It really is sad and pathetic.

BTW, i'm a happy IPB, vB and XenForo customer but do spend time outside and helping with the family businesses not glued to my chair in front of a screen stalking others.

The thread on the admin website is a joke. Screenshots and times of when certain people (Management) from XenForo have visited their own website and not posted, but have dared to not visit and post on XenForo. You all seriously need to either run a successful business (Or not pretend to) or take a step outside and visit the real world. You are like stalkers.

Well, your entitled to you own option, same as me also. I think your a joke. :rolleyes:

Mark, I personally like you and think you are an intelligent and well spoken person. I also don't think of you as the "classic troll". I do think you belabor your points sometimes to the point of annoyance - but none of us are perfect. Just something to think about. :)

Top Bottom