Implemented What you can do to make the Commercial resources developers happy

Rigel Kentaurus

I won't lie, I feel a little left out and disappointed with the Commercial add-ons as a forum, away way from the Resource Manager, buried beneath a list of forums, where nobody will see them, as if you didn't even care about us...

Then I realized a simple fix that you can do, right now, to make it a lot better, though not perfect :)

Just add a link on the subnav, that should be enough for now until we can have them along with the other resources as first class citizens :)

Screen Shot 2012-01-30 at 3.33.53 PM.webp

Upvote 8
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's a proven business practice: people like one-stop shopping. XenForo need only to provide an API to help other sites manage their customers.

Xenforo.com should provide these resources for addon makers.
"Well, there's yer problem!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

You don't expect all this from Amazon or any other shop or an app store, yet you expect it here? You don't see this as unrealistic? XenForo.com is primarily targeted at connecting people to add-ons -- just like any other shop or app store. Support is best handled how the developer wants to handle it, not shoehorned into a specific approach. There's nothing preventing people from setting up their own sites to do management or support should they choose to do that -- especially if it's a commercial venture.

"Well, there's yer problem!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

You don't expect all this from Amazon or any other shop or an app store, yet you expect it here? You don't see this as unrealistic? XenForo.com is primarily targeted at connecting people to add-ons -- just like any other shop or app store. Support is best handled how the developer wants to handle it, not shoehorned into a specific approach. There's nothing preventing people from setting up their own sites to do management or support should they choose to do that -- especially if it's a commercial venture.
I was only asking for a link in the navigation bar to the XenForo Commercial resources forum
I don't know why we derailed the thread so much :(

screen-shot-2012-01-30-at-3-33-53-pm-png.24446

Top Bottom