What type of users do your forums have?

Razasharp

And could you put a percentage on each type?

Lurkers, question posters and never to be seen again'ers, question answerers, core members, regular members, debaters, helpers, mentors, those that come and go... others?

My site consists of refugees from a hot or not rating site that closed. I thought that was a good idea at the time because at least my user's would not be shy about making fan/proof pics or putting themselves in their avatar unlike most forums. I tried inviting people who are interested in the things I like such as videogames and hip hop but apparently that was a bad idea because nerds and people who think they are cool/hot/popular don't vibe well unless trolling and harassment is allowed which would then result in a forum full of faceless members. I would get way more members that way but I decided protecting the proof pic members by enforcing the no trolling rules was more important because then at least I could invite real people I know and not have to worry bout them getting trolled. I say this because I've noticed that a lot of admins don't have a lot of friends and relatives on their forums like I do. Even so... it's 3 years later and I'm not comfortable posting on my own forum. I created a forum so I could have some place to hang out but due to me being an administrator I can't say what I want. As an admin you can't joke around and fight or give your opinion on certain things cause members will fight you over it and leave. You can't always give someone the good advice they need when you see them screwing up because they'll assume your invading their privacy by reading their pms or something when its obvious they have serious problems by the threads they create. I have to go post on other forums and talk about whatever there. As a reg I don't have to tip toe around people there. My post went off subject and turned into a rant my bad.

Top Bottom