1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What sort of instant messenger now-a-days?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Russ, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

What sort of chat are folks using now-a-days? Sticking to like facebook/tweets, or kicking it old school with irc/aim, or msn?

Curious what's in haha :) I myself sign onto MSN occasionally but that's about it.

2. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

I've been utilizing a little app call Digsby.

http://www.digsby.com

I made the mistake of using various IM platforms and having friends on each one that I still keep in contact with. Digsby works well for managing all of that from one application.

iXanon likes this.
  3. SilverCircle

SilverCircle Well-Known Member

Still Trillian (pro) for me... ICQ/Aim, MSN, GTalk, Jabber, IRC, Yahoo and decent Facebook / Twitter functionality.

4. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Steam and my community's Mumble server for me mostly

Along with a bit of MSN and IRC

5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

SMS Text Message.

6. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Trillian, and Skype, though I'd use Trillian completely if Skype didn't have inane policies regarding their protocol.

7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Hmm, going to check out trillian again, I remember using it soo long ago but it seemed far to bulky and glitchy :) new screenshots look nice.

Also forgot until Dark said it, steam is a primary one

8. iXanon

iXanon Active Member

I recently re-installed Trillian, after ditching MSN's latest bloatware. I'm tempted to go Pro again, but time will tell.

I haven't signed into AIM for some time, so I can't imagine I'm missed too much on that protocol.

9. ScottyDoo

ScottyDoo Member

I've been using Miranda IM for years. It's another multi-protocol program like Trillian, except it's open source.

http://www.miranda-im.org/

10. Panupat

Panupat Well-Known Member

Another Trillian 5 here. I'm using the free one, the ads can be a tad annoying.

11. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Trillian, and Skype

I love Skype, but it does cause my machine huge issues.

12. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

MSN regularly, Skype when I need to make video chat and Facebook occasionally. Not so much twitter.

13. sifuhall

sifuhall Active Member

I like Pidgin pretty well and it does very well with all the IM protocols I need (including the archaic SameTime).

14. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

GTalk, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Skype...in that order. I just reimaged my laptop, so will probably try out Trillian again.

15. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

I have used Trillian since forever. It has me connected to everything. Trillian Pro on my Droid is just as awesome too.

16. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Skype once in a while everything else seems to be distracting these days .

17. Nick Paolini

Nick Paolini Member

Skype mostly, Windows Live Messenger occasionally, and Facebook chat if I see someone on real quick.

18. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I used to be a Yahoo IM gal, but left that behind when Kier turned me on to Skype. So, when/if I remember to turn it on, it's Skype.
    My twitter app is on all the time.

19. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Active Member

Did use MSN Messenger a hell of a lot back in the day, was fun too with headset. Now just boring Twitter.

20. iXanon

iXanon Active Member

Thanks for the tip, I uninstalled Trillian and started using Digsby.. Nice little application, this!