What is your most liked suggestion yet?

I don't really have that much interest in 2.0. I'm happy with add-ons.

The only place i have made a lot of suggestions is for the media gallery and i've already got a developer to start making them for me. I almost have all the add-ons i need.

But here they are. My highest "likes"

2 of my suggestions are tied at 7 likes.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/add-new-permission-view-thumbnails-but-not-full-size.87006/

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...-photo-when-creating-replying-a-thread.87060/

thanks

Last edited:
Top 5 Likes in each category!!

XenForo
1.webp

Media Gallery
2.webp

Resource Manager
3.webp

I'm not that caring about the next release, to be honest. I'm really awaiting more side software, such as blog. Anything that allows developers more flexibility to integrate software and ease third party solutions into Xenforo, then that I'm all for.

You're only going to get so much from XF... the stuff we often want more specifically comes from add-ons.

I'm not that caring about the next release, to be honest.
well ... it's hard to get excited when you dont know what exactly you are waiting for.

I'm really awaiting more side software, such as blog. Anything that allows developers more flexibility to integrate software and ease third party solutions into Xenforo, then that I'm all for.
Is that a stated goal of the re-write ?

While on the topic, why was the re-write needed again ? I forget.

While on the topic, why was the re-write needed again ? I forget.
It's not a complete rewrite. It's also to get away from the dependency of Zend. It's also to expand the system to make more things possible. There's a lot of new technologies that didn't exist in 2010. They're looking to make use of more of them. Suggestions like the navigation manager which are a big change to the core should be included. A lot of the "future fix" bugs should be fixed in the next release.

A first point release isn't always for a complete rewrite, sometimes it's just an excuse to do big things without worrying about backwards compatibility (not saying that all of it will be broken).

At least, this is the impression I am under.

Top Bottom